FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Celebrate over sixty years of F1 - your memories, experiences and opinions.
great pics, wouldnt mind going some time soon, whats Donington like at the minute with the works going on?
great pics, wouldnt mind going some time soon, whats Donington like at the minute with the works going on?

Well, you can't see the track from where the museum is, and there are hedges all the way around the track (we did have a wonder round to the 'old' pits though, couldn't see the new pit site from there either!), so it's hard to say exactly what is going on - i would assume they'd build the new pits first. Dunlop bridge is gone though. :(
thanks mate

so the museum is still open and not likely to be affected by the works?

reason I ask is I dont fancy going only to be told its shut or blocked off by the work gettin done

cheers

Mike
I booked the flights. My brother and I are going on 18th June.

:sickman:
thanks mate

so the museum is still open and not likely to be affected by the works?

reason I ask is I dont fancy going only to be told its shut or blocked off by the work gettin done

cheers

Mike

Nah, it's open every day until 5pm (probably excluding bank holidays etc). When the work gets more intense, who knows... i doubt it'll affect the museum though.

I booked the flights. My brother and I are going on 18th June.

:sickman:

Isn't that British GP weekend?
Should that matter?
No, just a general question. I knew it was around then and didn't think anyone would miss it!
Ive been there a couple of times as I only live 10mins away. It is awsome. I was thinking of taking my kids from school on a trip since F1 is the topic. I was hoping to tie it in with a track event so they can see some action. I wasnt sure though with all the developments if it was staying open. I guess it is. Do you know if it will remain open? and is the track still usable for events? i guess I can ring them to check. Kids are only 4 and 5yrs old but I reckon they'd love it.
Ive been there a couple of times as I only live 10mins away. It is awsome. I was thinking of taking my kids from school on a trip since F1 is the topic. I was hoping to tie it in with a track event so they can see some action. I wasnt sure though with all the developments if it was staying open. I guess it is. Do you know if it will remain open? and is the track still usable for events? i guess I can ring them to check. Kids are only 4 and 5yrs old but I reckon they'd love it.

Hmm, tough to say really, there aren't too many races on there this year... mostly track days. I'm pretty sure the museum will stay open for the duration though.
No, just a general question. I knew it was around then and didn't think anyone would miss it!

You got me worried. I thought you were going to tell me something was going on as a result! :-x:hehe:

You got me worried. I thought you were going to tell me something was going on as a result! :-x:hehe:

I don't think so.... i know the WSB race is around that time though, probably the weekend after. Just don't go on Moto GP (unless you're going to the race!!) or the Download festival weekend, they are bedlam.

I don't think so.... i know the WSB race is around that time though, probably the weekend after. Just don't go on Moto GP (unless you're going to the race!!) or the Download festival weekend, they are bedlam.

I had a look just there. This is an historic motorbike race on Saturday 20th, but not very much either side of that. I'll be going on Thursday 18th, so I think I'll be fine, and back home in time for the British Grand Prix (I'm only going for the day).
Could a pitstop on the road home North be in order this June... Hmmmm?

:yes: Its worth it
Could a pitstop on the road home North be in order this June... Hmmmm?

:yes: Its worth it

lol, i've already been, but we're talking years ago. Hence why I wanna return :D

See our F1 related articles too!