FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Celebrate over sixty years of F1 - your memories, experiences and opinions.
By Bruno_Brazil
I know that is an Osella. But i'm not gonna cheat and wikipedia the race to get the driver. :P

so it will be a little bit hard because he's the least known driver who drove for Osella that year. =p
By Bruno_Brazil
It seems nobody is going to get it....It's allen berg.
Lets go: circuit, car, year, driver etc..

a harder one:
and a tricky (and very tough)one:
By madbrad
The first one: I odn't know but not only does he neglect a helmet and to wear the eye protection, he also fell asleep at the wheel!

The second, Everyone here will recognize the helmet to be the rowing club logo used by Graham and Damon Hill. I can only guess by the apparent newness of the picture(not more than a few years old by my reckoning) that it's Damon in the old Lotus at some historic car race such as Goodwood.
By texasmr2
Could this whole topic be a Phallic Symbol of "I looked it up on Wiki" and mines bigger than your's?? Seem's it is so :wavey: . :(
By darwin dali
Could this whole topic be a Phallic Symbol of "I looked it up on Wiki" and mines bigger than your's?? Seem's it is so :wavey: . :(

Doubt it.

Your guess about size that is :hehe:
By hounddub
The first one: I odn't know but not only does he neglect a helmet and to wear the eye protection, he also fell asleep at the wheel!

The second, Everyone here will recognize the helmet to be the rowing club logo used by Graham and Damon Hill. I can only guess by the apparent newness of the picture(not more than a few years old by my reckoning) that it's Damon in the old Lotus at some historic car race such as Goodwood.

I think you're right about the second one....but with all those palm trees in the background it's either Bahrain or Sepang.
By scotty
Second one was taken at Bahrain last year.
By Bruno_Brazil

1st - A clue: the circle in front of the car.

2nd - The trick is on the driver! you ALMOST got it.
Yes, the picture is fairly new...try to guess the year and circuit(easy).
And yes, it's a Lotus, which model?
By Bruno_Brazil

Nahh Tex, don't be a sore loser :rofl:
You would need A LOT of patience and persistence to research about chassis(sponsors) helmets etc on wikipedia..not to mention that it's almost impossible to look it up about the circuits.
Last edited by Bruno_Brazil on 28 Jan 11, 03:45, edited 1 time in total.
By Bruno_Brazil

I think you're right about the second one....but with all those palm trees in the background it's either Bahrain or Sepang.

Second one was taken at Bahrain last year.

I just saw your answers.

Ding Scotty.
It's Sakhir 2010.
By BritishBear
1st pic - Ronnie Bucknum, Honda RA271, 1964, but no idea where.

2nd pic - Lotus 49C, as driven by Graham Hill for Gold Leaf Team Lotus in 1970.

And yes, I looked them up in my book.
By hounddub
[quote="Bruno_Brazil"
a harder one:
[/quote]
I think this is the Honda RA272 that was campaigned by Honda in the 1965 season, designed by Tadashi Kume and driven by Ritchie Ginther. It even won a race in it's first year out at Mexico if I'm not mistaken.....but it raced as number 11.

.....or alternatively it could be the RA271 from 1964 driven by Ronnie Bucknum. Geez, that only raced 3 times.....but as number 20!

Am I close?
By hounddub
[quote="Bruno_Brazil"
a harder one:

I think this is the Honda RA272 that was campaigned by Honda in the 1965 season, designed by Tadashi Kume and driven by Ritchie Ginther. It even won a race in it's first year out at Mexico if I'm not mistaken.....but it raced as number 11.

.....or alternatively it could be the RA271 from 1964 driven by Ronnie Bucknum. Geez, that only raced 3 times.....but as number 20!

.....at Watkins Glen maybe.

Am I close?[/quote]
By Bruno_Brazil
1st pic - Ronnie Bucknum, Honda RA271, 1964, but no idea where.

2nd pic - Lotus 49C, as driven by Graham Hill for Gold Leaf Team Lotus in 1970.

And yes, I looked them up in my book.

1st - Right! I don't think anyone will get the circuit so Im saying it: it's Nurburgring.
2nd- If you look the other answers, you will see that it's neither Graham nor Damon. and the picture is recent.
By Bruno_Brazil
[quote="Bruno_Brazil"
a harder one:

.....at Watkins Glen maybe.

Am I close?

Pretty right the part in bold, but the bear got it before =p

Im posting a new one, but keep on trying the second one...

See our F1 related articles too!