FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Celebrate over sixty years of F1 - your memories, experiences and opinions.
By Bruno_Brazil
veryyy hard :
circuit

Is it Rio de Janeiro?

No, it isn't... a clue: It's located in Europe.
By Bruno_Brazil
Well I was close. Our messages must have been travelling through cyberspace together!

hehehe I've just seen the times now =p

Oh, WAG is US vernacular for Wild-Assed Guess. When you have some idea but really are just speculating.

Ahh yes...I got it =)
By Gaz
Bruno that is harsh man.

hope you don't mind be joining in but take a shot at this..

Team, Driver, Year Circuit Please

It was 1983 at Brands hatch in the none championship race "Race of Champions" car is the Theodore Cosworth N183 driven by brian henton

Correct Well done man :thumbup:
By scotty
No, it isn't... a clue: It's located in Europe.

Hmm, Brands Hatch? Zandvoort? Jarama? They're my 3 guesses for that. :P
By madbrad
here's one:
who what where when why etc.
By digitaleye
here's one:

I'd know that airbox anywhere. Hesketh, 1975, Probably Harold Ertel. I'll chime back in if I can figure out where.
By 7UpJordan
veryyy hard :
circuit

The Scandinavian Raceway, Sweden?
By madbrad

I'd know that airbox anywhere. Hesketh, 1975, Probably Harold Ertel. I'll chime back in if I can figure out where.

You are right, good job, and I just noticed aw crap his name's on the car dammit! I suck at this! There's probably no way to tell the track, it did tell me but I'll let you work on it more.
By Bruno_Brazil
The Scandinavian Raceway, Sweden?

GREATT !!!

Man, you're good !!

I thought nobody would get this one...congratulations !
By AAA-Eagle
veryyy hard :
circuit

1975 Grand Prix of Sweden; Scandinavian Raceway, Anderstorp; 8th June, 1975
By AAA-Eagle
here's one:

1975 Grosser Preis von Osterreich; Harald Ertl; Hesketh 308/1; Osterreichring, Zeltweg; 15th August, 1975 (Friday practice).

Ertl was a journalist/racer who competed in Formula Vee, Super Vee and F3 in Germany in the early seventies before moving on to the European touring car series, with victory in the 1975 Tourist Trophy with Derek Bell in a BMW the highlight.

He raised the finance to race in Formula 1 on and off for Hesketh between 1975 and 1977 and Ensign in 1978 but was never quite able to make the points - although he was desperately unlucky to lose sixth place at Hockenheim in 1978 when his engine failed - and was rarely more than a midfield runner in F2 during the same period. He had one more GP drive for ATS in 1980, but by then he was established as a leading light in the German G5 championship in BMW and Ford Capri turbos. A charming and popular figure around the circuits, Harald was killed in a light aeroplane crash in 1982 in which his wife and son were seriously injured.
By Bruno_Brazil
1975 Grand Prix of Sweden; Scandinavian Raceway, Anderstorp; 8th June, 1975

exactly !! I'm surprised !!
O.o'

two more pictures of that GP:

By madbrad
here's one:

1975 Grosser Preis von Osterreich; Harald Ertl; Hesketh 308/1; Osterreichring, Zeltweg; 15th August, 1975 (Friday practice).

Ertl was a journalist/racer who competed in Formula Vee, Super Vee and F3 in Germany in the early seventies before moving on to the European touring car series, with victory in the 1975 Tourist Trophy with Derek Bell in a BMW the highlight.

He raised the finance to race in Formula 1 on and off for Hesketh between 1975 and 1977 and Ensign in 1978 but was never quite able to make the points - although he was desperately unlucky to lose sixth place at Hockenheim in 1978 when his engine failed - and was rarely more than a midfield runner in F2 during the same period. He had one more GP drive for ATS in 1980, but by then he was established as a leading light in the German G5 championship in BMW and Ford Capri turbos. A charming and popular figure around the circuits, Harald was killed in a light aeroplane crash in 1982 in which his wife and son were seriously injured.

Somebody likes Google!
By Bruno_Brazil
Drivers, teams, year and circuit

I would consider this battle one of the most incredible ever...

See our F1 related articles too!