FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Discuss GP2, A1, Rallying, Indycar, Nascar and all other racing series!
lol did they even go as far as showing an onboard while they're talking about him? You get that like every 10 minutes with Danica. They should just call them 'Danica updates.' :rolleyes:

That's because I bribed them to make regular updates on my dream woman...

... I wish I could though... :P
You sure those aren't nightmares you've been having 7up?

lol yeah theres a sh!tload of regular women who are more attractive than Danica...

None of whom are interested in yours truely.
Geeze take it easy on yourself dude. You'll find her sooner or later.

Well actually my comment was more tongue-in-cheek if anything. :)

I wonder how long it will be before the rumours about a Bourdais return to the states start?
Honda wants quick IRL rules decision

Thursday, July 16th 2009, 11:13 GMT

Honda has urged the Indy Racing League to decide on the IndyCar Series' future chassis and engine rules by the end of the year to make sure the changes are implemented for 2012.

Honda Performance Development president Erik Berkman wants the IRL to reopen its round-table discussions with potential new engine manufacturers in a bid to thrash out a rules package.

When the talks started just over a year ago, the initial target had been for a new car specification for 2011, but that has been pushed back a year because it has taken so long to make any further progress.

"If we get into the first quarter of next year and it continues to draw out, we won't be able to do it for 2012," Berkman told this week's AUTOSPORT magazine.

"We need to know by Christmas so we can put it in place and budget for it. There's been some communication, but our last roundtable was some time ago. I would say it's time for us to have another one."

One of the main stumbling blocks in the earlier discussions was the specification of the engine. Honda wanted a V6 unit, while other manufacturers supported an in-line four-cylinder powerplant.

Berkman believes a solution can quickly be found if meetings resume.

"There's nothing that says we can't broker a deal if we all get together in one room, turn up the heat, and agree not to leave until we have a deal," he said.

The IRL appear to be in turmoil at the moment. Something tells me they will either delay the announcement or introduce some sort of botched proposals. Shaky ground, especially if they want to encourage other manufacturers
Even though I watch the races every now and then, I will love the day the IRL dies, just to see the look on Tony's face.

What can replace it though?
Well with nascars popularity, probably nothing. I'd rather have no open wheel racing in America than the IRL running around. I've given up faith with the IRL turning itself around. Even though TG is out, there are still a lot dumbsh!ts in charge.
Well with nascars popularity, probably nothing. I'd rather have no open wheel racing in America than the IRL running around. I've given up faith with the IRL turning itself around. Even though TG is out, there are still a lot dumbsh!ts in charge.

I suppose it could open up an avenue for F1.
:confused:

Meaning with no openwheel racing, maybe some fans would start following F1. Or maybe F1 could take over some of the IRL's illustrious races. For example Long Beach.

See our F1 related articles too!