FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Discuss your own car, automotive news and latest supercar launches.
By darwin dali

the Yanks on here might recognise this as a Pontiac G8, this ute variant will be sold in the US next year.

Don't think so - it has the steering wheel on the wrong side :yikes::P:wink:

And I'm not so sure about the color of that beast (too close to Shrek :P ), but other than that: congrats :thumbup:

I agree the steering wheel is on the wrongside! :hehe: But trust me you do eventually get used to the idea of driving on the left hand side of the road, or should I say the wrong side of the road. :hehe:

actually the left hand drive/right side of the road came about in the French revolution. which then influenced main land Europe!
up until then the old horse and carriages were right hand steering, on the left hand side of the road.

so technically countries that drive like us are on the right side of the car :wink:

Nope - it's the wrong way and you're in the minority globally. :P:D
By bud
that we are, but the smart people of the world are also the minority :wink::hehe:

atleast when i change gears my predominant arm is in control of the car :wink:
By texasmr2
Sweet ride bud congrat's :thumbup: now post some pic's with your kart in the back :) and I will be even more jealous! :hehe:

AKR
As I had asked Zonked and MCL2k6 earlier in another thread, and bud also mentioned, PLEASE stop making multiple post just to add an afterthought or to reply to a seperate post by someone else. You have been a member long enough in that you should know how to operate the option's you are given. If you need help just ask for it ok anyone here I'm sure will be more than happy to help you out :wink: .

tex
By Rivelution

That is true, but 1st gear is way the hell on the other side of the gearbox on right-hand side cars.
By bud

That is true, but 1st gear is way the hell on the other side of the gearbox on right-hand side cars.

thats never been an issue for me and its kinda natural changing gears with your left arm while your left leg clutches in.
By KyrosV
I had a discussion about this with some work mates not long ago and I found out, in England they 'drove' thier horse and carts on the right of the tracks and sided on the righthand side so that they could protect themselves with a weapon in thier right hand (the most predominant hand) from passing carts. :drink:
By AKR
that we are, but the smart people of the world are also the minority :wink::hehe:

When you drive a righthand side car, I change gears with my left hand. I am right handed so that kinda of sucks. Having said that, you do get used it and it all becomes second nature so really it is no big deal.
By bud

When you drive a righthand side car, I change gears with my left hand. I am right handed so that kinda of sucks. Having said that, you do get used it and it all becomes second nature so really it is no big deal.

why does that suck? wouldnt it be logical to have the predominant hand in control of the car over in control of the gearing? :rofl:

you know not all European ways are better AKR get over yourself :rolleyes:
By AKR
Because I am right handed. I meant it sucks as a figure of speach. I did say one does get used to it however meaning that in the end, I don't actually care which side the stupid steering wheel is on. Maybe you should learn to stop jumping to conclusions for a change. :thumbup:
By Gulf DBR9
Bud, you actually have some sense!!!!
one of my friends has a FPV F6 in the dash colour just like this. in fact i think this might be it
FordFPV_F6_1[1].jpg

FordFPV_F6_4[1].jpg

its really really fast. i've been 190km/h in it. he's been 210.
they've got a starter button and a build plate. it's number 340 i think
he has had 2 holden ss's before that. a black one and a silver one. in that i've been 195. fun!!!!!! :hehe:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
By Robert182
nice ride mate :)
By bud
Had the car 8 months now not so new hehe
Last edited by bud on 06 Jul 09, 12:56, edited 1 time in total.
By EwanM
Had the car 8 months now not do new hehe

Still running well?

See our F1 related articles too!