FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Discuss GP2, A1, Rallying, Indycar, Nascar and all other racing series!
By McLaren Fan
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adam_Carroll

This guy deserves another Formula One test. He has been strapped with minimal funds throughout his career and has overachieved considering that. I think one big break could take him away from the likes of A1 Grand Prix.
By cap-dude
Just cause hes from Northern Ireland. We must support him :D

NI has been great for F1, for such a small place we've had John Watson, Eddy Irvine, and now Adam Carroll. No world champion, but both were oh so close.

But yeah, Carroll spend his years in GP2 dragging the backmarker FMS to the front and had some great drives. Now for team Ireland, he's adapted this year and should've won both races last weekend. He won the sprint race, and would've won the feature, except the circuit was like Hungary, far to hard to overtake on. He almost had it at one point though.

He took pole in Malaysia, so I'll be watching that tomorrow. The other race he starts 7th thanks to A1GP's awful new quali idea. You can use the boost in one session which makes the car about 1 second faster. Meaning you can be on pole for one race, but not for the other, as everyone on boost will be ahead of you.

But Carroll says he's enjoying A1, why. Because he mentioned there was no pressure for funding. Says it all really.
By EwanM
I've always thought Carroll had alot of talent but the funds were never in place.
He won the A1-gp feature race today.
Ireland lead the standings - again shows he has talent.
By 7UpJordan
If only Eddie Jordan and his team were still around, he would have given him an F1 test by now. There is too much good talent going to waste and so few teams these days. If there were the same amount of cars on the grid as there was at the start of the 1989 F1 season, he would have made his debut this year.

See our F1 related articles too!