FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Celebrate over sixty years of F1 - your memories, experiences and opinions.
Simtek, Pacific and Forti :hehe:
-the brabham with the fan!
-Forti Course!
-Prost Gp - sexy blue (i like sexy colours ok...)
-ahhhh Simtek with the MTV sponsers, what happened to them?

They amassed a lot of debt in their short time in Formula One, but to be fair, it was reasonably under control. What scundered them was that one of their sponsors pulled out all of sudden. They tried to get new sponsorship, with the deal being that some people would pay them to give a race seat to some Japanese driver. The Kobe earthquake in Japan, however, meant those plans didn't go ahead and the team went bust.

They amassed a lot of debt in their short time in Formula One, but to be fair, it was reasonably under control. What scundered them was that one of their sponsors pulled out all of sudden. They tried to get new sponsorship, with the deal being that some people would pay them to give a race seat to some Japanese driver. The Kobe earthquake in Japan, however, meant those plans didn't go ahead and the team went bust.

Shame, they had some good ideas upcoming and a talented team If i remember correctly. Nick Wirth?

I just looked them up on Wikipedia and it seems the Company was set up by Nick Wirth and the Devil himself!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simtek

Also Ratzenberger's death and then Montermini writing off another car had a horrible effect on the team as well. A tragic end to a team that had so much potential.
Yepper I miss Tyrrell aswell :( .

Did the 6-wheel Tyrells actually race in F1?

Yup. 1 pole, 1 victory (Swedish GP 1976 with Jody Scheckter and Patrick Depailler second), 3 fastest laps.
Yepper I miss Tyrrell aswell :( .

Did the 6-wheel Tyrells actually race in F1?

Yup. 1 pole, 1 victory (Swedish GP 1976 with Jody Scheckter and Patrick Depailler second), 3 fastest laps.

Nice!
I liked Minardi, but the buzzing hornets of Jordan looked so good. I have to get a model of them cars.

See our F1 related articles too!