FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Discuss GP2, A1, Rallying, Indycar, Nascar and all other racing series!
Giacomo Agostini's records don't look so safe all of a sudden.
It's great to see that Rossi is going to be kissing that championship trophy again.

Good to see great sportsmanship between him, Stoner, and Pedrosa at the end of Motegi. I would have thought the three of them would be at each other's throats considering how close the season was up until Brno.
If I knew anything about Moto GP I might care more but 8 titles is no mean feat. He clearly is the best in the business
:clap::clap::clap:

And he does it with style! He could've just get onto the podium to be the champion, but instead he went for winning the race. This was a superb race to watch, especially since it was a championship decider :thumbup:

Well...I think Rossi showed all those young guns that he's still there :D
Although he'll be racing for at least two more years, I'm sure Rossi is already one of the greatest of all times.

And I hope that we'll get such an exciting championship battle next year too.
Rossi wants F1 test as title reward

MotoGP rider Valentino Rossi wants to celebrate his latest title success with another test at the wheel of Ferrari's Formula One car.

The Italian won his sixth world title on Sunday, confessing afterwards in Japan that he misses the thrill of his flirt a few years ago with the four-wheeled world of Grand Prix racing.

Asked by La Gazzetta dello Sport what he would like as a reward for his 2008 championship, the 29-year-old replied: "I'd like to drive a Ferrari again. Not a road car, but the F1 one."

He insisted that "it would be a simple desire, with no future in it."

Rossi has two years to run on his MotoGP contract, to whom he reconfirmed his commitment by stating that "to start in F1 at 31 could be too late."

Ferrari team boss Stefano Domenicali, who has remained in close contact with Rossi since his first test with Ferrari in 2004, welcomed the proposal.

"He's great," the Italian said, adding that "everything can be done."

Rossi last tested for Ferrari in 2006.

Source: GMM
© CAPSIS International

linky
Valentino Rossi, CAMPIONE DEL MONDO 2008. YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But this is only Moto GP, whilst I like Moto GP, F1 is more important. If Ferrari do not win at least one title, Valentino Rossi's win/championship will not compensate any bitterness I may experience.................

By the way Giacomo Agostini's record is still very safe and out of reach for Valentino Rossi. Take a look. Rossi has 8 titles. 1 125cc, 1 250cc and 6 500cc/Moto GP. Agostini has 15 titles which is almost double Rossi's achievments. These are made up of 7 350CC titles and 8 500cc titles. I guess of you just want to look at the 500CC/Moto GP title which is I guess like F1 in Motobike Grand Prix then the difference between the 2 is only 2 titles as Rossi has 6 titles and Agostini has 8. This I guess is achievable to beat. But it means Rossi will need to win another 2 just to equal him. It wont be that easier as other current world champions are still racing with Rossi and can easily win next time around. These are Casey Stoner and Hayden. Also we have potential world champions such as Dani Pedrosa and Jorge Lorenzo. So he still needs to contend against 4 other champions to achive his goal of 2 more championships to even equal Agostini's 8 500CC/Moto GP titles. It wont be easy but not impossible.
I heard he had eclipsrd agostini in some way?? But not sure how that can be if those facts are correct. Maybe some other way of measuring?? Dont Know but for me Rossi is the best. Head and sholders over th rest. A real star. Love him!
I heard he had eclipsrd agostini in some way?? But not sure how that can be if those facts are correct. Maybe some other way of measuring?? Dont Know but for me Rossi is the best. Head and sholders over th rest. A real star. Love him!

Giacomo Agostini was a different era to Valentino Rossi. It is like trying to compare Fangio to Schumacher. But I agree, in today's Moto GP, Valentino Rossi is the best. :D
He is a true legend.
He always seems sportsmanly, give interviews and rarely bitches. True sportsman.
Hunting down Agostini's records now.

See our F1 related articles too!