FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Discuss your own car, automotive news and latest supercar launches.
^^ What car is that? It looks like someone has modified an old Vauxhall Astra into a beefy pickup truck!

I know that car is fast but I hate utes. Sports utes are stupid. Holden had the Monaro which is based on the same car as that ute, the Commodore. Bring that back and ditch the stupid ute. Utes are for workers not race drivers!

Here is one below.

Of course it is the model before because Holden don't make them anymore so there is no VE Monaro like there is Commodore Ute.

My favorite car. The 1984 Ferrari 288 GTO. Teleport me back in time and I'll be your Cosmic Girl. :wink:
^^ What car is that? It looks like someone has modified an old Vauxhall Astra into a beefy pickup truck!

They are comon in Australia. Most are Holden Commodores and Ford Falcons. I personally think they are crap in looks even though performance wise they are fast, very fast. I prefer a 2 door coupe. Holden had the Commodore 2 door which was the Monaro and the Pontiac GTO. They don't make them anymore. Ford never brang out a 2 door Falcon either despite their rivals Holden having one.

Pontiac GTO which was really the Australian Holden Monaro for the US market.

here is a VE concept for the Monaro at this years Motorshows AKR, hopefully they will put it into production like they did after the last Monaro appeared firstly at the motorshow as a concept!

i like Utes all the sudden because i am looking at getting one so i can cart the Kart around in instead of my van. this way i can enjoy the performance and practicality! WHile i have always been a Holden man, I am leaning towards a 03,04 BA Ford Falcon either XR6 Turbo or XR8. i prefer the look of them compared to the old Holden Model of the same year plus the interior is superior in the Ford i feel!

but if i had a choice of the new VE Holden i would choose the SSV Ve Ute

I've always had a soft spot for the Lancia Delta Integrale, even if it looks quite boxy and dated... :)

They are comon in Australia. Most are Holden Commodores and Ford Falcons. I personally think they are crap in looks even though performance wise they are fast, very fast. I prefer a 2 door coupe. Holden had the Commodore 2 door which was the Monaro and the Pontiac GTO. They don't make them anymore. Ford never brang out a 2 door Falcon either despite their rivals Holden having one.

Pontiac GTO which was really the Australian Holden Monaro for the US market.

The new Pontiac GTO's are not worthy of the Pontiac GTO badge. My pop has a 1966, and man is it a car!! Its got some rust though :(
The new Pontiac GTO's are not worthy of the Pontiac GTO badge. My pop has a 1966, and man is it a car!! Its got some rust though :(

Hey man thats a Monaro youre having a go at, thats an Aussie legend :eek:

I'm not saying its a bad car, I wouldnt mind one. All I'm saying is that its not worthy of the Pontiac GTO badge, which is an American legend that started the whole Muscle car era.

here is a VE concept for the Monaro at this years Motorshows AKR, hopefully they will put it into production like they did after the last Monaro appeared firstly at the motorshow as a concept!

i like Utes all the sudden because i am looking at getting one so i can cart the Kart around in instead of my van. this way i can enjoy the performance and practicality! WHile i have always been a Holden man, I am leaning towards a 03,04 BA Ford Falcon either XR6 Turbo or XR8. i prefer the look of them compared to the old Holden Model of the same year plus the interior is superior in the Ford i feel!

Faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaark! That is nice! That is very nice! I hope Holden puts it in production. The type of company Holden is, the company that always wants to be one step ahead of it's rival Ford Australia, will probably built the super beast.

Hey man thats a Monaro youre having a go at, thats an Aussie legend :eek:

I'm not saying its a bad car, I wouldnt mind one. All I'm saying is that its not worthy of the Pontiac GTO badge, which is an American legend that started the whole Muscle car era.

Hey I am a neutral party in this. I prefer Aussie legends over American legends. :wink:

Seriously though both countries make good muscle cars. Very different to what you get from Europe and Japan anyway.

Faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaark! That is nice! That is very nice! I hope Holden puts it in production. The type of company Holden is, the company that always wants to be one step ahead of it's rival Ford Australia, will probably built the super beast.

Yeh i hope vauxhall get that i'm looking at getting a Vauxhall VXR which is the Monaro just re-badged.

That Front skirt and re-diffuser looks awsome!
fuel bill is gonna hurt tho :(

See our F1 related articles too!