FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Discuss GP2, A1, Rallying, Indycar, Nascar and all other racing series!
Me like. :yes:
Pity that under le man rules claim that the hybrid can only be entered on an invitational basis only.
As Hybrids are will be outside the official classification in any events running to le mans rules.

Pretty mega looking though. Pity the team is ran like a sham
I just heard that the car will be run in two week's at the Petite LeMans race here in the US.
I just heard that the car will be run in two week's at the Petite LeMans race here in the US.

That will be pretty good. I'll look forward to seeing it on the track again. Hopefully it doesn't get taken out by another Peugoet driver again... just like at Silverstone the other week :hehe:
Pretty much a 908 with a different paint job and engine. Do you know if Peugeot will run this along side the diesel powered 908's or will all 908's have the hybrid engine?
A diesel-electric hybrid version of Peugeot's 908 HDi coupe has offered a pointer to the French manufacturer's future sportscar plans.

The Peugeot 908HY was demonstrated on Saturday evening at Silverstone hours after the organisers of the Le Mans 24 Hours announced plans to phase in hybrid technology over the next two seasons.

Hybrids will next year be able to race outside the overall classification at Le Mans and in its associated series in Europe, America and the Far East, and then be part of the races proper from 2010.

Peugeot announced that they would test and develop the hybrid through 2009 and did not rule out racing entering it in one race as part of that process.

Peugeot motorsport boss Michel Barge said: "Our priority in 2009 is to work with the HDi and if within the framework of the development process we feel we are ready to race the hybrid, then why not?"

Barge explained that the hybrid had a racing future when new rules, also announced on Saturday, force a downsizing of the engine rules for 2011.

"If there is a downsizing in terms of capacity, then this technology would be good to go with that," he said.

The Le Mans organisers, the Autombobile Club de l'Ouest, announced that they have abandoned plans to introduce new chassis rules in 2010 in favour of a new engine formula for the year after.

They revealed that the current LMP2 engine rules for 3.4-litre V8s and two-litre turbos will be adopted for 2011. The LMP2 formula will then be open only to production-based engines.

Le Mans rules boss Daniel Poissenot said: "Talking to the manufacturers we understand that we have to have engines that use less fuel, create less emissions and less noise. This is the way we have to go."

The rule changes appear to have the support of Audi and Peugeot, the manufacturers represented in LMP1 at Le Mans this year.

Audi Sport boss Dr Wolfgang Ullrich said: "Le Mans has seen what is going on with road car development, so I see this as a very positive step. We all have a responsibility to go in the direction of smaller and more efficient engines."

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/70678

I hope they do a full ALMS season!!!

See our F1 related articles too!