FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Discuss GP2, A1, Rallying, Indycar, Nascar and all other racing series!
Im watching the GP2 race and Senna was released from his pit in almost a carbon copy of Massa's release at Valencia. He got some wheelspin which put him close to another car but no contact was made and no car delayed. Sena has a drive through which will stuff his championship. Massa didnt! Where is the consistency here!!

They showed the replay of that on the F1 qualifying program, and it was very similar. What do you expect though, Senna's not driving in a prancing horse.

The FIA want Pantano to win the title so Senna doesn't get an F1 drive next year. Senna's had some piss-poor luck this year, pit crew fluffing up his stops, and the dogs running out onto the track at Turkey.
I get the feeling the stewards were trying to be consistent actually...they imposed a drive through penalty for Chandok (?) last race, so I think they felt they had to penalise Senna, which was a shame. And although it was a similar incident to Massa, it's hard to compare the two because they are different series even if they are roughly the same. I don't think they should have penalised him though :(

Does anyone know what happened to the driver that had the massive smash mid-way through the race?

And is it just me or is GP2 a lot more interesting than F1 at the moment ;)

The main difference between Chandok's pit incident and Massa's/Senna's is the that Chandok got infront of the car he almost hit, which did seem to be a bit reckless. There was controversy 2 weeks ago about the similarity between the incidents, and the difference between the decisions. And today's incident just highlights that further because it was EVEN MORE like Massa's incident that went unpenalized.

I slightly a agree with you that GP2 is more interesting than F1, but not just "at the moment", its been for the the last 3 years at least. F1 has been improving, but i would like to see more improvement, in all areas, but in particular even handedness of all teams.
The FIA want Pantano to win the title so Senna doesn't get an F1 drive next year. Senna's had some piss-poor luck this year, pit crew fluffing up his stops, and the dogs running out onto the track at Turkey.

You don't suppose that was a trained suicide FIA dog do you?
As I said in the other thread I think the FIA want Pantano to win the title so Senna doesn't get an F1 drive next year and Buemi gets the Toro Rosso seat instead. What's so good about Buemi anyway? He's not even near Senna in the points standings.

Senna's had some piss-poor luck this year, pit crew fluffing up his stops, and the dogs running out onto the track at Turkey. I don't care if he's made mistakes and is short on experience but you have to admit there is something about him if he can challenge for the GP2 title having had so little racing experience compared to others around him. Afterall it was Ayrton himself and Jo Ramirez who told us to watch for Bruno.
As I said in the other thread I think the FIA want Pantano to win the title so Senna doesn't get an F1 drive next year and Buemi gets the Toro Rosso seat instead. What's so good about Buemi anyway? He's not even near Senna in the points standings.

Senna's had some piss-poor luck this year, pit crew fluffing up his stops, and the dogs running out onto the track at Turkey. I don't care if he's made mistakes and is short on experience but you have to admit there is something about him if he can challenge for the GP2 title having had so little racing experience compared to others around him. Afterall it was Ayrton himself and Jo Ramirez who told us to watch for Bruno.

I completely agree, i absolutely admire Bruno for his achievements in his relatively short career. If he doesn't get into F1 next year, it wont be a disaster, he'll be there the following year by my bets, what team could resist him really?

I completely agree, i absolutely admire Bruno for his achievements in his relatively short career. If he doesn't get into F1 next year, it wont be a disaster, he'll be there the following year by my bets, what team could resist him really?

Berger has already hinted he wants to resist him as he's offered a shootout between Buemi and De Crasheris' Japanese cousin. And Bourdais is looking more and more likely to retain his seat now he is coming on form.

He can't go to Red Bull and Ferrari because they're full up, Button will always be at Honda because Fry doesn't half suck up to him and they want Alonso if me moves. Renault would probably replace Alonso with Di Grassi or Grosjean.

Williams keep denying that they are taking on Bruno just because of their relations with Petrobras and Nakajima is almost certain to keep his seat. Throwing Bruno into a McLaren would be almost unthinkable, BMW would probably chase Alonso if Heidfeld leaves and Force India have Liuzzi in the wings waiting and that's the team Chandok wants to join when he makes his debut one day. I guess our only hope is for more teams to appear on the grid next season.
In todays GP2 race Bruno Senna was given a drive through penalty for an "unsafe release" from the pit bay. The penalty cost the Brazilian the race win and 10 crucial world championship points. Senna commented in an interview after the race that the penalty was not consistent as he himself had been impeded in the pit lanes this season. Also, he said, the officials were not taking track conditions into account that caused him some wheel spin and thus a slow pit exit. Such things, he continued, are "impossible for the team to calculate".

The incident is very reminiscient of Felipe Massa's pit exit at the new Valencia race circuit a fortnight ago. His unsafe pit exit however went unpenalised during the race itself meaning Massa could continue to secure his win. Both of these incidents resulted in side by side cars down a narrow pit lane, and then both Massa and Senna slow up to slot in behind their competitor's car in their respective incidents. Despite the seemingly identical nature of these two incidents Bruno Senna was forced to conceed his win, where as Felipe Massa was not. The debate over the lack of consistency of the officials decisions will surely continue as a result, as well as the suspicions that the officials tend to be more leaniant towards mistakes made by F1 team Ferrari.

Well looking at the 2 very much identical incidents it would appear that it is either one of two things. One like you yourself suggested that the FIA is more leaniant towards mistakes made by the GREAT F1 team Ferrari, or 2 they want Pantano to win the GP2 title this year and not Senna. However whichever way you see it I don't care because one Ferrari is Italian and I go for them in F1, and 2 although I like Senna, Pentano is also an Italian driver and I would rather see him win it. :wink:

I agree with you as well they should'nt have penalised him and he still deserves that Torro Rosso seat because he is very quick and he would do well in F1.
In todays GP2 race Bruno Senna was given a drive through penalty for an "unsafe release" from the pit bay. The penalty cost the Brazilian the race win and 10 crucial world championship points. Senna commented in an interview after the race that the penalty was not consistent as he himself had been impeded in the pit lanes this season. Also, he said, the officials were not taking track conditions into account that caused him some wheel spin and thus a slow pit exit. Such things, he continued, are "impossible for the team to calculate".

The incident is very reminiscient of Felipe Massa's pit exit at the new Valencia race circuit a fortnight ago. His unsafe pit exit however went unpenalised during the race itself meaning Massa could continue to secure his win. Both of these incidents resulted in side by side cars down a narrow pit lane, and then both Massa and Senna slow up to slot in behind their competitor's car in their respective incidents. Despite the seemingly identical nature of these two incidents Bruno Senna was forced to conceed his win, where as Felipe Massa was not. The debate over the lack of consistency of the officials decisions will surely continue as a result, as well as the suspicions that the officials tend to be more leaniant towards mistakes made by F1 team Ferrari.

Well looking at the 2 very much identical incidents it would appear that it is either one of two things. One like you yourself suggested that the FIA is more leaniant towards mistakes made by the GREAT F1 team Ferrari, or 2 they want Pantano to win the GP2 title this year and not Senna. However whichever way you see it I don't care because one Ferrari is Italian and I go for them in F1, and 2 although I like Senna, Pentano is also an Italian driver and I would rather see him win it. :wink:

So you agree with inbalance in the sport so long as it favors Italian teams and drivers. Lol. I find you disturbing.

So you agree with inbalance in the sport so long as it favors Italian teams and drivers. Lol. I find you disturbing.

:hehe: Sorry. I am too patrotic towards Italy and Slovenija. I know what I say is wrong but it is the way I am. At the end of the day it really isn't up to me. If the FIA want to help Ferrari and don't want Senna to win, someone should take it up with them, the FIA.
Im watching the GP2 race and Senna was released from his pit in almost a carbon copy of Massa's release at Valencia. He got some wheelspin which put him close to another car but no contact was made and no car delayed. Sena has a drive through which will stuff his championship. Massa didnt! Where is the consistency here!!

I'm going to have to point out here that they are being totally consistent in the GP2 series in that they handed out punishments for this breach of the rules in the past. However, there have been a lot of un-safe releases from the pits in Formula 1 so far this season and none of them have been subject of a penalty, so to then go ahead and penalise Massa for it would have proved inconsistent.

Somehow I doubt that what I say will have any impact whatsoever.
I did not see the incident but the Speed commentators said the penalty was totaly appropriate as there were pit crew still in the vicinity of the release.

See our F1 related articles too!