FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Discuss GP2, A1, Rallying, Indycar, Nascar and all other racing series!
By bud
yeah i agree the officials didnt get it wrong, i dont see anything wrong with cutting corners to gain track position... how silly of me :wink:
By texasmr2
yeah i agree the officials didnt get it wrong, i dont see anything wrong with cutting corners to gain track position... how silly of me :wink:

I like the sarcasm mate your the best at it. I agree with you that cutting corner's to gain track position is not right but it did not happen in this case.

Please just rewatch the video again, or about 10 time's like I did, and it is plain to see that Rossi had the inside line into the corkscrew and made the pass completely, which allowed him to cut across in front of Stoner, before his inertia led him to kickup the dust. Atleast that's what I see took place.
By bud
Picture 1.png

pretty clear right there!
corner is cut to gain position which he did not give back afterwards like etiquette demands!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
By AKR
You never give up do yuu? End of the day you will always make am excuse if your guy doesn't win. You are just like Lewis Hamilton. Also an excuse for not winning. Blah, Blah, Blah.....
By Mikep99
For all the armchair experts.
Let the analysis begin. :thumbup:

By Irv the Swerve
He rain a little bit wide on the exit the move was done way before that, unlike LH at Magny Cours when he was side by side and went directly straight over the corner.
By przemo
I think this hardly qualifies as a cut, his route wasn't shorter, he just ran a few centimetres wide, which even slowed him down. One can argue that he carried too much speed into the corkscrew, but he had already completed the pass before the corner and only kept his position because Casey had to slow down so that he wouldn't crash into Rossi. I know that Casey was mad that Valentino almost pushed him off the track at that moment and that's what he described as dangerous later on. I have to say that at that time I was thinking how the hell had Rossi managed not to fall. I think he was somehow magically saved from retirement in that race.
By AKR
Both tyres on the dirt in a bike is a cut simple

Bud you said you have Italian friends? Ask them what the term "Testa Dura" means. This is what I am calling you. Looking at that footage again, Valentino Rossi was lucky not to have fallen off his bike. And surely he couldn't of gone quicker through the dirt than on the race track. What has really happened is that Valentino Rossi almost stuffed up the curve and as a result had to go on the dirt and was extremely luck not to have fallen off. Simple. No one else here shares your biased point of view Bud. And if you think I am biased simply because Valentino Rossi is Italian then think again as I prefer an Italian team to win over an Italian rider in a non Italian team. Casey Stoner is the one who rides for Ducati. So I would prefer him. But he lost that race fair and square so get over it Bud.
By bud
calling me something in a language i do not know is like speaking jiberish and pointless but say all you like just showing how gutless you are :thumbup:
and its hilarious the same people who were all for Hamilton getting a penalty for cutting a corner are the same ones saying Rossi did nothing wrong! showing your true colours!! simply pathetic :rolleyes:
the argument he had already made the pass before going off was the same one Hamilton had, the rebuttle was he wouldnt have made the pass if he didnt have a hot corner entry causing the corner cut.

Rossi lambs pfffffff :thumbdown:
By AKR
calling me something in a language i do not know is like speaking jiberish and pointless but say all you like just showing how gutless you are :thumbup:
and its hilarious the same people who were all for Hamilton getting a penalty for cutting a corner are the same ones saying Rossi did nothing wrong! showing your true colours!! simply pathetic :rolleyes:
the argument he had already made the pass before going off was the same one Hamilton had, the rebuttle was he wouldnt have made the pass if he didnt have a hot corner entry causing the corner cut.

Rossi lambs pfffffff :thumbdown:

Testa Dura means Hard Head. Refers to someone that is thick and stubborn. That would be you Bud. Now for the 1 millionth time, Valentino Rossi gained no advantage thus didn't cheat.

Bud the "Testa Dura"
By bud
HE CUT THE CORNER AND WOULD NOT HAVE MADE THE PASS WITHOUT THE ENTRY SPEED THUS CUTTING THE CORNER

i might be a hard head but atleast im not a thick head who has s*** for brains :thumbup:
By Mikep99

Your right bud, it is a bit rude.
So here is a quick lesson for you. You should be up to speed after this :wink:

By AKR

Your right bud, it is a bit rude.
So here is a quick lesson for you. You should be up to speed after this :wink:

Nice work Mike. Grazie mille. :wink::thumbup::hehe:

See our F1 related articles too!