FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Celebrate over sixty years of F1 - your memories, experiences and opinions.
By GRHinPorts
Maybe I didn't read the thread thoroughly enough. Has anyone named the race?

Suzuka 2005!

You da man! One of the most " on it" races in a long time....

Had me jumping up and down :yes:

BEST!

RACE!

EVER!
It was indeed an excellent race. Thrilling all the way though and then one of the most amazing climaxes you could imagine :yes:

Now then, time for the next question!

Guess the race and driver from the picture above please! :thumbup:
Its a Sauber and its at Monaco (looks like just outside the tunnel)...but I can't get beyond that.

That's a good start, yes. :yes:

Now I just need who was driving that Sauber, and what year the race in Monaco was. Think back to when you saw a scene like that at Monaco... :)
By GRHinPorts
How about the 2004 Monaco Grand Prix when Giancarlo Fisichella collided with David Coulthard?

It looks like in that pic the Sauber has Bridgestone tyres and they switched to Michelins in 2005.
How about the 2004 Monaco Grand Prix when Giancarlo Fisichella collided with David Coulthard?

It looks like in that pic the Sauber has Bridgestone tyres and they switched to Michelins in 2005.

:clap::clap::clap:

Well done!!! Yes it was the 2004 Monaco Grand Prix.

Takuma Sato had one of his customary huge engine failures, leaving a big trail of smoke. In this dust, David Coulthard slowed, only to be hit from behind by the Sauber of Giancarlo Fisichella, who overturned as a result of the impact.

Your turn to ask a question, GRHinPorts! :thumbup:
By GRHinPorts
Hmmm...Cant think of one off the top of my head...and I dont know how to do those piccie things so maybe you should have another go Lew.
You don't have to use a picture if you don't want. If you can't think of one over the next few days I'll put another one up. :)

Just so you know though, to insert a picture, copy an image URL from Google Images or something and copy and paste in the middle of the tags that are created when you click "Img".

On the other hand, you could just think of a question that doesn't require a picture :)
By GRHinPorts
OK...let me have a go at this (apologies in advance):

At this race a French team lead for over half the distance but ended up with no points when both cars engines expired within a lap of each other, and there was a yellow flag controversy.
Well I'm not certain about this one. Anyone have any suggestions as to the answer?

:whip:
By scotty
The Ligiers at Monza in 1979?
By GRHinPorts
The Ligiers at Monza in 1979?

Nice guess because both Ligiers did indeed blow up their engines within a lap of each other..but no cigar because neither lead for half the race.

I thought this might be too easy but maybe my expectations are wrong.

So howabouts I add it all was happening at a new circuits first ever race.

That should make it a cinch.
By madbrad
I might guess it was the renaults as they pioneered the turbo so were far and away quicker than anyone else but the teakettles were notoriously unreliable.
By GRHinPorts
I might guess it was the renaults as they pioneered the turbo so were far and away quicker than anyone else but the teakettles were notoriously unreliable.

No teakettles in this story unless you consider the 2nd driver of the team we are talking about to be as useful as a F1 driver as a chocolate one.

See our F1 related articles too!