FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Discuss your own car, automotive news and latest supercar launches.
If Laguna Seca ever became an F1 track, the corkscrew - a popular enough corner already - would probably become an instant hit, comparable to Eau Rouge, Parabolica and other famous F1 corners.

The lack of stands would be an instant turn-off for Bernie, because the prescence of absolutely zero grandstands at Paul Ricard is what keeps the French GP at Magny-Bores.
If Laguna Seca ever became an F1 track, the corkscrew - a popular enough corner already - would probably become an instant hit, comparable to Eau Rouge, Parabolica and other famous F1 corners.

The lack of stands would be an instant turn-off for Bernie, because the prescence of absolutely zero grandstands at Paul Ricard is what keeps the French GP at Magny-Bores.

A full grid of F1 cars racing through the corkscrew would be an amazing site. They should put more/bigger grandstands, but they probably havent because there is such an elevation change, you can just sit down on a hillside and watch the race... or they dont have enough money to do so.

A full grid of F1 cars racing through the corkscrew would be an amazing site. They should put more/bigger grandstands, but they probably havent because there is such an elevation change, you can just sit down on a hillside and watch the race... or they dont have enough money to do so.

I wish the US GP would be at a more interesting track like Laguna Seca or Road Atlanta or Road America or maybe even Sebring ( :D I love this track, but the track conditions are probably too rough for F1 and there are NO gradstands :/)... To me, these tracks seem like a much better choice than Indy.
an F1 at laguna would be too dangerous, the tracks sudden elevations and that corkscrew would definately see some spectacular crashes if not fatal.

eau rouge has more runoff and is fairly wide to help mistakes, the corkscrew is just plain strict.

all american tracks are dangerous im sorry to say.
I wish the US GP would be at a more interesting track like Laguna Seca or Road Atlanta or Road America or maybe even Sebring ( :D I love this track, but the track conditions are probably too rough for F1 and there are NO gradstands :/)... To me, these tracks seem like a much better choice than Indy.

There are grandstands, but they're not like the super mega huge ones you see at F1 venues. The track is a lot smoother then it once was because of the motogp race, but it still is dangerous like Forti said. I found a better video of the event I went to last weekend. It has better quality and you can hear the amazing Ferrari V12 going down the straight. This isnt my video so dont give me the credit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=miRV5QCk-qc
I'll upload the pictures from today, tomorrow. It was ok, it wasnt as fun as last weekend but hey! I got Alan Jones' and Timo Glock's signatures!!!! :D He could be a future WDC so thats why I was soo happy to get his sig, and I never see current F1 drivers.
Ok to be honest, I was really dissapointed with the lack of F1 cars. I think it wasnt worth 85 bucks at all, and I probably had more fun at last weekends event which I paid only 6 bucks to get in. Timo Glock won the 'Race of Legends' race, and I got his signature :thumbup: A lot of the cars there were from when the drivers were fat and the tires were skinny. Anyways here are the pictures I took from yesturday.

It was a typical foggy California morning, only to burn off in 2 hours time.

I thought this car looked cool

I thought this was funny

Timo Glock drove this ugly Toyota IMSA car

I thought this was a badarse Lexus

These were in the garages

I liked this huge poster they had outside a tent.

Inside that same tent, they had the actual suits worn by Nigel Mansell, Alain Prost, Emmerson Fittipaldi, and Danny Sullivan.

The order they go down, is from left to right in the picture above

This was when Indy cars was badarse

You san see Timo Glock way down there in the middle (These were the drivers from the 'Race of Legends' which included Danny Sullivan, Eddie Cheever, Alan Jones, John Watson, Johnny Herbert, Derek Bell, Timo Glock, and other ones I cant remember)

I went back to my car to put away all the stuff I bought, and I saw that this guy drove his totally casual Mercedes.

I took these pictures from on top of a huge octogonish building thats right before the start/finish line. Normally, this place is for VIP but they had it open to the general public. I forgot to take a picture of the building, but here is the picture of the Start/Finish line.

I took these pictures to give you an idea of what Laguna Seca, and the area around it looks like. I couldnt take pictures to the left because there was to many people on the left inside the building blocking my view.

This was shot from the same place but zoomed in all the way to turn 9.

Some guy finally moved so I got these pictures of them going on to the main straight,

This is actually Mario Andretti driving his Lotus 79.

Well thats all I took. I left after Mario did his laps, and sorry about not taking corkscrew laps. Everytime I go, I'm always too lazy to walk all the way over there. I promise corkscrew shots when I go to the ALMS event in October :thumbup:

I hope you guys like my pictures :)
Excellent stuff there, kudos for the pictures of the FW07B as well. :)

See our F1 related articles too!