FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Discuss your own car, automotive news and latest supercar launches.
I just got shiver's up my spine looking at those pic's you lucky SOB!!! Oh my being allowed into the garage like that must have been like shagging for the first time! I'm virtually speechless now, did you get any video, PLEASE say you did????????

Yeah but its crappy as hell. The video quality sucks, and its only 15 seconds long because I used my camera phone, but I still uploaded it to youtube tho. Atleast you get to hear the FXX's amazing downshifts.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GWoJGhAerGw
Yeah but its crappy as hell. The video quality sucks, and its only 15 seconds long because I used my camera phone, but I still uploaded it to youtube tho. Atleast you get to hear the FXX's amazing downshifts.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GWoJGhAerGw

Oh yeah! :twisted:
Still got a matchbox model of that Rothmans Porsche!
It was awesome, it made my year :hehe: They will have over 400 historic cars at this weekend's Monterey Historic race... so more pictures to come :)

OK this is the LAST TIME I'm gonna say it, VIDEO!!!!!! Heck if you have to borrow one 'git er done'!!!! :hehe:
Also if you get one try for an 'insider interview' from one of the past/present racing great's who will no doubt be there and dont forget to mention our website! :D
It was awesome, it made my year :hehe: They will have over 400 historic cars at this weekend's Monterey Historic race... so more pictures to come :)

OK this is the LAST TIME I'm gonna say it, VIDEO!!!!!! Heck if you have to borrow one 'git er done'!!!! :hehe:
Also if you get one try for an 'insider interview' from one of the past/present racing great's who will no doubt be there and dont forget to mention our website! :D

Dude I already gave you the URL to my crappy video I took on my phone!! I doubt they would let me interview the drivers because I'm not in 'VIP' or any of that b.s. It's a huge event tex, its not like last weekend where the tickets to get in were 6 bucks and they let me roam around in Ferrari's garage. Tickets just to get in are 85 bucks!!! :eek: Plus the Concours d' elegance is on Sunday so there will be a lot of people (rich people) there on Saturday which is the main event. I will try to get signatures from Mario Andretti, Alan Jones, Johnny Herbert, and Timo Glock (hey, he could be a future F1 world Champion). I also want to meet Bob Varsha, he said he would be there :)
Yah I'm aware it's a huge event and your chance's may be slim but hey it dont hurt to ask right? Anyway really looking forward to your pic's and comment's etc etc. :)
how come F1 cant have the US GP there???

Simple, Its too small. Champ Cars (RIP) do a lap from from 1:05 to 1:07. Personally I think current F1 cars would be faster by only a little bit because of the grooved tires limiting their mechanical grip. Laguna Seca requires a lot of mechanical grip so next years F1 cars would do a blazingly fast lap time. As short as Laguna Seca is considered today, it was lengthened in 1989 in hopes to host the American F1 GP but it lost out to Phoenix. Also, there isnt enough grandstands for Bernie's standards, and the only way to get there is on a tiny 2 lane highway which would be impossible to widen because of all the idiots who live close to the track would complain about it. Sure, all Laguna Seca has to do is lengthen its track and improve its already improving facilities, but as much as it pains me to say it, I dont think Laguna Seca will host an F1 GP in the near future.

Simple, Its too small. Champ Cars (RIP) do a lap from from 1:05 to 1:07. Personally I think current F1 cars would be faster by only a little bit because of the grooved tires limiting their mechanical grip. Laguna Seca requires a lot of mechanical grip so next years F1 cars would do a blazingly fast lap time. As short as Laguna Seca is considered today, it was lengthened in 1989 in hopes to host the American F1 GP but it lost out to Phoenix. Also, there isnt enough grandstands for Bernie's standards, and the only way to get there is on a tiny 2 lane highway which would be impossible to widen because of all the idiots who live close to the track would complain about it. Sure, all Laguna Seca has to do is lengthen its track and improve its already improving facilities, but as much as it pains me to say it, I dont think Laguna Seca will host an F1 GP in the near future.

I agree, sadly. :(

Dam :( thats a shame. The more I think about Indy, the less I like it. Ive been to the GP a couple times and the track is not in a nice area at all. The only nice part about Indianapolis is the city, but its not very big. I wish the US GP would be held in a nice city...
Dam :( thats a shame. The more I think about Indy, the less I like it. Ive been to the GP a couple times and the track is not in a nice area at all. The only nice part about Indianapolis is the city, but its not very big. I wish the US GP would be held in a nice city...

I can't speak for the city (I've been to America) but I agree with you about the track. It's not very challenging for the drivers or the engineers nor terribly exciting for the fans. I respect the work that the people at Indianapolis did to get the Grand Prix there, but I still hope Formula 1 does not go back there.

Yeah one of my teachers told me about that, he said the track is in a real poor section of the city. The Monterey Peninsula is a real touristy area, so I think it would do just fine with all the fans travelling here. We just need an F1 standard track though!!

See our F1 related articles too!