FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Discuss your own car, automotive news and latest supercar launches.
What a let down :(

Special edition Fiat 500 to boost Italian hotshot
http://www.motoring.co.za/index.php?fArticleId=4507769&fSectionId=753&fSetId=381
It's no secret that one of the least expensive and one of the most expensive car brands in Italy – Fiat and Ferrari – are brothers-in-business so the smaller is aiming to help the larger by supplying 200 Ferrari-red Fiat 500 units as courtesy cars.
"One is cute and the other exclusive," Fiat says, "and each is a motoring icon. That's why the Maranello House has chosen the Fiat as its customer courtesy car."
The 200 cars have been assembled exclusively for the Ferrari sales network and will be driving on all of Europe's roads.
The cars are based on the 500 Sport and finished in the traditional Ferrari red
They'll have the 1.4-litre, 75kW engine but with specific tuning and exhaust systems "in perfect harmony with the sporty spirit of the Prancing Horse".
The two features have been introduced by Magneti Marelli, a leading components company in the Fiat Group, which has supplied high-tech parts to Fiat and Ferrari for many years.
The same sporty theme can also be found in some aesthetic details such as the red brake callipers, sporty pedal set, special black steering wheel with red stitching and 16" alloy rims shod with 195/45 tyres.
The "Ferrari cars" will also have auto aircon, a power sunroof, special leather upholstery, hi-fi, fog lights, numbered plate on the fascia and "Limited Edition" wording on the kick plates.
Fiat sees the deal as offering Ferrari customers a special car, a limited edition capable of winning buyers to add to the 222 000 who have already ordered their new Cinquecento.
*We're waiting to hear from SA's Ferrari dealer whether a couple of these babes will be used here.

I love the Fiat 500 (well, from the front anyway!) but I drove a Ferrari, I'm not sure I'd be best pleased about been given a Fiat 500 as a courtesy car...Mind you, if it's good enough for Massa.... :)

Massa's Fiat 500.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I think the Abarth's would be OK

500's

Punto's

hey i wouldnt complain, over at Lamborghini their customers courtesy cars are this

:D That's how he statred out.
i know and what a polar opposite, but i LOVE Lambo's :yes:

Yeh I have always had a soft spot for Lambo's, I remember when the Countach came out in 1971 it looked like it was from another planet, and whenever I saw one on the road I would wet miself. :blush:

My fav is the Miura, but I would not say no to a Murcilago or a Gallardo either :thumbup:

I hope they bring out the new one they were showing a while ago

Here is a Diabalo with a difference

the Countach was always my favourite as a kid probably still one of my all time faves! then the Diablo came along then the Murcielago, Gallardo love them all!

here is a Countach on display at the Melbourne GP this year i took some happy snaps of!

From a 599 to a gay hairdresser's crappy little runaround... that's gotta be annoying.

Also, nice to see the Countach getting props, that car is nuts even compared to modern Lambos!
If it comes with the accessories. I take one or two or ...................

Fiat 500 Based Castagnia Tender Two Design Study

Italian coachbuilders Castagna are hardly the household name that rivals such as Pininfarina have become, their previous works have included one-off vehicles such as the Ferrari 575 Aria from Geneva 2005 as well as a number of coachbuilding projects which saw creations such as a Mini SUV and Mini Wagon back in 2004. They have now released details on their latest project, the Fiat 500 based Castagna Tender Two EV (Electric Vehicle).

It is capable of reaching speeds of up to 80mph and can go up to 85 miles on a single charge which can be re-charged to 80% in just four hours from a household socket. Castagna have also transformed the model from a quite beautiful road car into a two-seater beach buggy.

The Tender Two follows the original Tender model the Coachbuilder created back in 2005 based on the Mini Cooper, it follows a theme to give occupants an at-sea experience with its salt-water and abrasion resistant synthetic leather along with the pretty nifty looking decking covering the interior flooring.

See our F1 related articles too!