FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
By 7UpJordan
Just uploaded all my photos and videos from the weekend onto facebook, so those of you on it feel free to drop by if you wanna look. :)
By al4x
i love the bickering lol :blaster:

im so suprised more didnt try the barrichello move, made so much sense, gaining 10 seconds alap and being twice as safe from spinning off seems a no brainer for anyone below 3rd.

strategy=fail that race :hammer:
By EwanM
Like him or loath him. Being there to see Hamilton in person win that race, was truely breathtaking. He's not the perfect driver, he will still make a ton of mistakes and not be that dominant every race, but truely a drive like this iis something we haven't seen for so many years.
Such as Senna's 1988 Silverstone win...
I was surprised watching the taped race, that James "My reviews of GP's are merely Hamilton luvin" Allen didn't compare Lewis's drive to that again.
Not just that we had the after race interview with his dad! And he was going on about the media and the "Hell his family have been put through".

Come one he's hardly on the bread line? Suffering from the likes of a credit crunch...hardly suffering. Save the sob stories.

This title race is going to the wire. Whoever can string a couple of race wins together, I believe will end up on top. Who that will be, I can't predict. Long may that be the case!

Stunning weekend. I was pretty shocked when I heard the news about Donnington, but Im gonna look on the bright side. The BGP is safe.

I wasn't surprised to see mountains of "Lewis Fans."
Let me explain this. Though I don't doubt the many Lewis followers walking about in their roadworks red (whatever colour it is) hats were true motor sport fans. I did get the feeling alot of other fans who were here this year expecting that there was no way Lewis could lose. I mean these are the kind of people who started watching the GP like a year ago and think they know it all...
Im sorry to rant on but It really annoys me, especially when you're hearing "I'm so proud to be English not British now Lewis has won." Or even worse "what's Jackie going on about, this isn't a Scottish grand prix!"

Im sorry, this aint Soccer or Football, Motorsport isn't like this. It annoyed the hell outta me. I'm not anti English. Infact I love the UK and people from all walks of life, but seriously... These kind of people would have been "BRITISH" is Hamilton hadn't won.

Sorry, that was my little rant. Bar that it was a cracking weekend. Even though people weren't excepting my "FOREIGN" currency.
By McLaren Fan
Like him or loath him. Being there to see Hamilton in person win that race, was truely breathtaking. He's not the perfect driver, he will still make a ton of mistakes and not be that dominant every race, but truely a drive like this iis something we haven't seen for so many years.
I was surprised watching the taped race, that James "My reviews of GP's are merely Hamilton luvin" Allen didn't compare Lewis's drive to that again.
Not just that we had the after race interview with his dad! And he was going on about the media and the "Hell his family have been put through".

Come one he's hardly on the bread line? Suffering from the likes of a credit crunch...hardly suffering. Save the sob stories.

This title race is going to the wire. Whoever can string a couple of race wins together, I believe will end up on top. Who that will be, I can't predict. Long may that be the case!

Stunning weekend. I was pretty shocked when I heard the news about Donnington, but Im gonna look on the bright side. The BGP is safe.

Let me explain this. Though I don't doubt the many Lewis followers walking about in their roadworks red (whatever colour it is) hats were true motor sport fans. I did get the feeling alot of other fans who were here this year expecting that there was no way Lewis could lose. I mean these are the kind of people who started watching the GP like a year ago and think they know it all...
Im sorry to rant on but It really annoys me, especially when you're hearing "I'm so proud to be English not British now Lewis has won." Or even worse "what's Jackie going on about, this isn't a Scottish grand prix!"

Im sorry, this aint Soccer or Football, Motorsport isn't like this. It annoyed the hell outta me. I'm not anti English. Infact I love the UK and people from all walks of life, but seriously... These kind of people would have been "BRITISH" is Hamilton hadn't won.

Sorry, that was my little rant. Bar that it was a cracking weekend. Even though people weren't excepting my "FOREIGN" currency.

Success, sadly, means a lot of chaff attach themselves to the sport, blighting the people who have been watching Formula One for years.

Regarding the nationality thing again, the whole thing makes me laugh. Nicola Sturgeon, the SNP Deputy Leader, and Health Secretary declared on Friday evening that one side of her family is English! As for Hamilton, he's partly of Grenadan descent, so hardly white and Anglo-Saxon, then. :rolleyes:
By deMuRe

I can sort of feel for all the bandwagon jumping Lewis supporters, the brits haven't had much to cheer about in the Sporting arena over the last 10 years.

Can't really be helped, it's the nature of glory hunters, still doesn't stop you getting p!ssed off about it does it?

It's like all the people that move to the UK from another country and all of a sudden they are Man U supporters like it was their birthright...
By McLaren Fan

I can sort of feel for all the bandwagon jumping Lewis supporters, the brits haven't had much to cheer about in the Sporting arena over the last 10 years.

Can't really be helped, it's the nature of glory hunters, still doesn't stop you getting p!ssed off about it does it?

It's like all the people that move to the UK from another country and all of a sudden they are Man U supporters like it was their birthright...

What really annoys me is people who claim to support Man Utd, Liverpool etc. who live in different countries. People should support their local clubs first and foremost. I like Liverpool in the English top flight, partly because I liked how the club used to operate and the brand of football they played, but my local team from Belfast comes first without fail. Although I like Liverpool,I don't feel a part of the club or a supporter. Some people make me sick. :vomit:
By EwanM
Don't get me started on Sturgeon.

:D:thumbdown:

And yes glory hunters do piss me off, as do those treating the likes of Scots and that, almost foreigners. The the Gp's as much mine as someone in Cornwall for instance.

As for Hamilton... give him a bad car one year and then he'll convince me :hehe:
By nikon133
Kimi before the race.

Sh!t I would have hatted to see him after it. :hehe:

what was all that about :eek:

A bit childish I think. The photographer flashed him close up and Kimi lost it.

Maybe he hasnt had a Vodka for a while.... :drink:

imagine if that was Lewis oh the outcry :whip:

You deluded McLaren supporter. McLaren as a team are the scum of humanity. The sooner they are fully aquired by Mercedes-Benz the better. And Hamilton, he may have driven a fine race in the wet but he will soon learn his place. Whilst at McLaren he will win no world drivers championship. If he continues down this path perhaps the FIA will need to step in. Bring it on, one way or another, the superiority of Ferrari and the kind that drives the team and its politiks will prevail. Justice will prevail as McLaren are bunch of cheats who after 2007 should of been barred for at least the 2008 season as well. :uzi::uzi::uzi::uzi::uzi::uzi::uzi::uzi::uzi::uzi::uzi::uzi::uzi: Ron Dennis, Lewis Hamilton, Bruce McLaren :thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown: ¡Vete al carajo McLaren!, Go to Hell McLaren!, Hajde u kurac McLaren!, Vattane in quel paese di merda McLaren!

thats pathetic and i can handle your nonsensical name calling for Ron and Lewis but naming Bruce McLaren in your pathetic speech makes me sick! take a look in the mirror if you want to see scum :nono:

Yeah, all that superiority bullcrap sounds kinda Nazi. Sad.
By bmwpower
He started 4th on the grid. Thats 3 drivers in front of him. He only got to the front by overtaking. He didnt start out as the lead driver, he made himself lead driver. Why do you think that was?? Why didnt the other drivers take him back??? There's your answer
racechick

I think LH fans are reading too much into this. I never said his drive wasn't impressive, I just stated that if you are the lead driver on conditions like last week, its much easier then those behind. We can argue all day about where he started or who he overtook but once the race play itself out the first two laps, the lead driver will just need to focus on the front while the back markers are driving blind. SO now you can go ahead and put up that LH poster back on your wall 8)
By bud
BMWpower he lapped the entire field some drivers twice, its not like he had clear vision the whole way through, he had the spray of back markers etc. also he had issues with his visor you could see him on the straights wiping the inside of his visor, i know the feeling the Arai GP5 even though its ventilated it fogs up easy and its not great for visibility at the best of times, its not like a bike helmet!
By bmwpower
BMWpower he lapped the entire field some drivers twice, its not like he had clear vision the whole way through, he had the spray of back markers etc. also he had issues with his visor you could see him on the straights wiping the inside of his visor, i know the feeling the Arai GP5 even though its ventilated it fogs up easy and its not great for visibility at the best of times, its not like a bike helmet!

Yes his drive was impressive, he had a full 60 seconds on the field, found a cure for cancer, started world peace, and convinced Simon Cowell to move back to the UK all in rainy afternoon. But you can't tell me that its not easier (not sayin not impressive ) to lead in the rain then to follow?? He had minimum problems with the backmarkers since they moved over once the blue flags are waved, it was more exciting watching Kimi, Heikki, and Alonso fighting each other, driving behind each other's rooster tails and if you gonna make a pass, make sure you don't hydroplane doing it.
By bmwpower
AKR wrote:
You deluded McLaren supporter. McLaren as a team are the scum of humanity. The sooner they are fully aquired by Mercedes-Benz the better. And Hamilton, he may have driven a fine race in the wet but he will soon learn his place. Whilst at McLaren he will win no world drivers championship. If he continues down this path perhaps the FIA will need to step in. Bring it on, one way or another, the superiority of Ferrari and the kind that drives the team and its politiks will prevail. Justice will prevail as McLaren are bunch of cheats who after 2007 should of been barred for at least the 2008 season as well. Ron Dennis, Lewis Hamilton, Bruce McLaren ¡Vete al carajo McLaren!, Go to Hell McLaren!, Hajde u kurac McLaren!, Vattane in quel paese di merda McLaren!

AKR, I think I speak for everyone when I say, my friend you are an idiot. You did nothing to rebutal Kimi's childish behavior at Silverstone but added your own childish rant about McLaren yet again with no supporting facts or claims to back your ranting. Come up with something decent and maybe we all can start reading your posts with common sense.

See our F1 related articles too!