FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Celebrate over sixty years of F1 - your memories, experiences and opinions.
By Sam-KK24
Brilliant read.

I recommned James Allen's, "Driven to Extremes".

Michael really is an interesting figure. I don't think anyone can doubt he was the most hardworking driver of all time, he was was 110% focused on becoming World Champion and I'm extremely happy Michael achieved what he did achieve, because he worked so damn hard for it. Maybe that's another reason more Michael's ruthlessness, he had worked so hard for it.. he didn't want it to be taken away from him?
By McLaren Fan
Eh, Senna?
By f1 shoemaker
so you watched F1 at 2 years of age and knew what you were watching? :hehe: I went to my first GP when i was 5 and i still have memories from it but i do not pretend to know what was going on or who was the best etc at that time!
Though it was there that i had my first impression of Senna, after he crashed infront of my mum and i and hopped over the fence to walk past us :cloud9: This was in 85 and loved his black JPS Lotus, i cried when they to the Camel livery :rofl:

yeah i watched F1 at the age of 1 and 2. I used to sit with my dad at night watching Schumacher, Hill, Villeneuve, Hakkinen and all tthe old stars race around the track. Ive been a fan of Schumacher since the age of 4 and am now 14. I still remember watching old gps such as Germany 2001 when Schumacher was leading and then he had that technical fault and retired. I was so upset that MS lost his home grand prix that i ran out of the house and had a bit of a cry funny really :)
By texasmr2
That is a cool story and we all had to start sometime right? :thumbup:
By Ferrarista
great text, thanks for that...damn I miss that guy on the tack!
By brazuka
Wow this is really cool, i see many valid points here for whatever driver you like...

ohh yeah I'm new here so hi....

anyways I was browsing the net to find some statistics to show and found this, hope you all enjoy it

Starts Wins (%) Poles (%) Fastest laps (%) Podiums (%) Mechanical failures (%)
Ayrton Senna 161 41 (25.47%) 65 (40.37%) 19 (11.80%) 80 (49.69%) 30 (18.63%)
Michael Schumacher 248 91 (36.69%) 68 (27.42%) 76 (30.65%) 154 (62.10%) 23 (9.27%)

I actually think it would be cool to see a comparison of Senna's 161 starts with the first 161 starts from Schummi

my opnion is that Senna was the greatest, just see the amount of mechanical failures he had and what he was still able to accomplish.
but that is my opnion, everyone is entitled to one.
By al4x
very good, dedicated, loyal, crafty and sneaky

but he drove a ferrari and the races were dull

best bit, alonso beating him that last year, :thumbup: in that fantastic looking and performing renault :clap:
By 8-ball
very good, dedicated, loyal, crafty and sneaky

but he drove a ferrari and the races were dull

best bit, alonso beating him that last year, :thumbup: in that fantastic looking and performing renault :clap:

I must admit that it was good to see a precocious young take the crown from the King of F1. And I say that as a committed Schumi fan!
By headless
I never liked him while racing but I dont mid him now.
Its probably because he is now 'out of my face' kind of thing.
Senna is the greatest! deal with it Schumi fans :thumbup:

You may say that but i remember Senna making as many if not more mistakes than Schumacher and anyone who complains that he was worse than senna because he cheated need to be taken back to Japan 1990 where he rammed prost off the track to win the championship on purpose.
By McLaren Fan
The circumstances of the 1990 incident are very different and have been discussed ad nauseam on here.
By darwin dali
The circumstances of the 1990 incident are very different and have been discussed ad nauseam on here.

Cop out! :hehe:

rubbish , he employed the same strategy as schumacher but it only looked more accidental because it was on the first lap.
By McLaren Fan

rubbish , he employed the same strategy as schumacher but it only looked more accidental because it was on the first lap.

You're the one who is talking rubbish, I'm afraid. Balestre robbed Senna of the title in 1989 and tried to do it again in 1990. Schumacher, however, just couldn't handle getting beaten in a fair fight.

See our F1 related articles too!