Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Questions and answers about going to a race weekend

Which GP would you rather go to?

Belgium GP - September 13th
41%
British GP - June 21st
59%
By racechick
I'll probably try and make the final gp at silverstone. And yes, camping is definately where it's at!

What would people recommend - GA or 'Roving Grandstand' tickets? (and which corners are these at?)

GA means getting up crack of dawn and shag&hasstle carting chairs and saving seats.(ive done my share of it mind!) All grandstand seats are roving on the Fri and sat.
By EwanM
Well that's me ordered my tickets.
The Scots are coming back to Silverstone for the 9th year.
Well me. The others are a handful.

Stowe is going to be jumping.
I need to plan in advance :drink::clap:

Hey you really gonna put in an appearance this year?? :hehe::hehe:

Well I was there, just didn't see me around. I will be about though if people want me :P
By 7UpJordan
I'll probably try and make the final gp at silverstone. And yes, camping is definately where it's at!

What would people recommend - GA or 'Roving Grandstand' tickets? (and which corners are these at?)

Get a Roving Grandstand ticket, then we can all meet up for one of the sessions.

Mind you that WAS the plan this year too but it went a bit wrong. :P

Hangar straight is apparently a little cheaper this year a saving of £30.
By scotty

GA means getting up crack of dawn and shag&hasstle carting chairs and saving seats.(ive done my share of it mind!) All grandstand seats are roving on the Fri and sat.

Ta :)

So on sunday, i assume it'd only be 'crap' corners like Club that would be included in that category?

Get a Roving Grandstand ticket, then we can all meet up for one of the sessions.

Mind you that WAS the plan this year too but it went a bit wrong. :P

Hangar straight is apparently a little cheaper this year a saving of £30.

heh, if i go i'll get a bbq on the go one night and everyone can come and get pissed!
Last edited by scotty on 03 Nov 08, 18:29, edited 1 time in total.
By EwanM
I really want to get mine booked soon, knowing my luck the Hangar straight will be sold out by the end of the month. :(

I'll be camping again, hoping that I don't freeze to death like I almost did the first night, although I think that had something to do with the amount of Racechick's wine I consumed. :P

:P Does it put you off that Im next door to you in terms of Grandstand for this year?

I decided to move to Stowe, Maggots and Becketts have had enough of me :wink:

Well Racechick is right, just depends what you can afford though. I would try to book early all these fairweather F1 fans who know nothing bout F1 will prob make it sell out very quickly because of Hamilton. Depriving the likes of u and I a rightful ticket.

And no I don't mean Lewis fans on here - I mean those who know f*** all about F1 but now he's champion will become "knowledgeable fans"
By EwanM
LOL yeah the plan all went to pot - this time i'll maybe need to make more of an effort.
By racechick
Scotty- I think your quote and another one got mixed up there somehow.

Roving tickets- They dont quite work like that. What happens is you purchase your ticket for where you want to sit on race day and on the friday and sat you can go in any grandstand, any seat. On the Sunday you have to sit in the seat numbered on your ticket. My ticket is for bridge but I ususally sit in pit straight opposite the garages for quali.
By racechick
LOL yeah the plan all went to pot - this time i'll maybe need to make more of an effort.

I was waiting for you Ewman, with my mad max T shirt and huge banner!! That was just before the heavies ripped it down. Will have to make another one for next year!
By scotty
Scotty- I think your quote and another one got mixed up there somehow.

Roving tickets- They dont quite work like that. What happens is you purchase your ticket for where you want to sit on race day and on the friday and sat you can go in any grandstand, any seat. On the Sunday you have to sit in the seat numbered on your ticket. My ticket is for bridge but I ususally sit in pit straight opposite the garages for quali.

Okay, i get it now thanks. £220 for a ticket at Stowe or Abbey :eek:
By Frosty
What is the difference between bronze, silver, gold, platinum? Just the quality of the view?
By racechick
What is the difference between bronze, silver, gold, platinum? Just the quality of the view?

Some you stand, some you sit on concrete steps, some you sit in grandstands, some you sit in nice grandstands, some you sit in nice grandstands with the best views.
I dont think broze rove on Fri and sat.
By emma
Well, I've already paid for my tickets for the British GP next year :D

I went for General Admission - I'm only a poor student, and they're the cheapest available.
My plan is to spend Friday looking for the best place to be, then up early on Saturday and Sunday to get a good spot :)

Btw, I'm camping in a place called 'Hamilton Fields' LOL I told my boyfriend that we'll just have to set up the 'Vettel Tent' :hehe:
By EwanM

Some you stand, some you sit on concrete steps, some you sit in grandstands, some you sit in nice grandstands, some you sit in nice grandstands with the best views.
I dont think broze rove on Fri and sat.

I dno bout that General Admission can go anywhere on Fridays - so it is quite possible.

Well, I've already paid for my tickets for the British GP next year :D

I went for General Admission - I'm only a poor student, and they're the cheapest available.
My plan is to spend Friday looking for the best place to be, then up early on Saturday and Sunday to get a good spot :)

Btw, I'm camping in a place called 'Hamilton Fields' LOL I told my boyfriend that we'll just have to set up the 'Vettel Tent' :hehe:

I camped there last year Emma. It is pretty good if you want some quietness and not too far from the village.
I dno where im going to camp yet - will need to decide soon

See our F1 related articles too!