FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Discuss your own car, automotive news and latest supercar launches.
Lewis bashers :vomit::censored::rofl:

basically sucked in, check your news sources before you jump onto the forum to post and bash on Lewis you look 400L1SH :laugh:

It was still fun while it lasted :hehe:
And you should know better than that bud, I don't need an excuse :thumbup:
It would not matter to me if it was Michael Schumacher bud my opinion would still be the same. :wink:

Here is another article concerning the purchase and I think Nick Heidfeld has the right frame of mind and better intentions, enjoy.

http://www.f1complete.com/content/view/8969/1/

Hamilton blows $400,000 on number plate
Tuesday, 17 June 2008
Jun.17 (GMM) Lewis Hamilton has reportedly spent an eye-watering nearly $400,000 for a personalised number-plate.

The British formula one driver is now the flamboyant owner of the plate 'LEW 1S', which he will attach to his black 4x4 Mercedes-Benz for use in Switzerland, his adopted tax-haven home.

The plate was formerly owned by property tycoon Bob Lewis, who bought it last year for less than $100,000.

"A friend said he had been reluctant to part with the plate but (Hamilton's) offer had been too good to refuse," the British newspaper Daily Telegraph revealed.

In contrast, Hamilton's track rival Nick Heidfeld has vowed to pledge some of his earnings to a worthy cause.

"I am lucky to have quite a lot of money and I would like to be able to give some of it away," the German told ITV.

Heidfeld, who drives for BMW-Sauber, said he is considering pledging some money towards an invention that would clean water for underprivileged people.

"That's something I find very interesting and its something I'm considering," he added.
Lewis said he did not buy the plate and the report was made up

Thank christ for that!
Tex did you not read the link Stealth posted? Lewis said he did not buy the plate and the report was made up

Ooop's sorry I did not read it my bad.
If Hamilton did not purchase the £200,000 number plate, then I retract what I said about him in this case.

See our F1 related articles too!