FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
By bud
One hit champion? youll regret you said that, this seasons not over yet!
By neil
So far this season, I haven't seen much of teammate help for MS...

Massa has done his bit to help the Red Mutt, and the FIA have picked up the slack :lol::lol::lol:
By certom
hey men, i've never seen a duel like this on this forum... :shock:

anyway,dear Enlightened, you say that FIA is helping Schumi this year...i'll begin from 94...when Schumi took 2 black flag and 2 penalties, and at the and of the year, Hill (HILL, i mean DAMON HILL) that driver (driver?!?) who risked winning the championship, there was 1 point between them at the last race, is this right?
and then, Schumi has no one to battle with? in 92, at the first season, he was ahead of Senna in the championship, in 94 he won the first two races, and i'm sure he would have beaten Senna, with an 8 cilinders Renault, while Williams used the far more competitive 10 cilinders Reanault...he could have chosen to stay with mclaren or williams, but he choose Ferrari, the 3rd, 4th team of that time...with his ability, the team grown up, in 98 he was able to win the title, in 99 he made the accident due to a problem on the brakes, not his fault. In 2000 and 2001 he has beaten Hakkinen, the only man that had blocked him...he won everything from 2000 to 2004, but what did the FIA? from 2002 to 2005 has changed the rules every single year, in order to stop the Ferrari egemony...when they succeeded, they understood that it was counterproductive, because F1 can't survive with a non-competitive Ferrari...and now you are saying all that things? i can't really summarize what you think, it's all so...confused and not true....
By certom
oh s***, my post went in the wrong topic!!!
By certom
ok, man, i'm really confused! i didn't see that this was the second page of the right topic!!
By philerooney
hey men, i've never seen a duel like this on this forum... :shock:

anyway,dear Enlightened, you say that FIA is helping Schumi this year...i'll begin from 94...when Schumi took 2 black flag and 2 penalties, and at the and of the year, Hill (HILL, i mean DAMON HILL) that driver (driver?!?) who risked winning the championship, there was 1 point between them at the last race, is this right?
and then, Schumi has no one to battle with? in 92, at the first season, he was ahead of Senna in the championship, in 94 he won the first two races, and i'm sure he would have beaten Senna, with an 8 cilinders Renault, while Williams used the far more competitive 10 cilinders Reanault...he could have chosen to stay with mclaren or williams, but he choose Ferrari, the 3rd, 4th team of that time...with his ability, the team grown up, in 98 he was able to win the title, in 99 he made the accident due to a problem on the brakes, not his fault. In 2000 and 2001 he has beaten Hakkinen, the only man that had blocked him...he won everything from 2000 to 2004, but what did the FIA? from 2002 to 2005 has changed the rules every single year, in order to stop the Ferrari egemony...when they succeeded, they understood that it was counterproductive, because F1 can't survive with a non-competitive Ferrari...and now you are saying all that things? i can't really summarize what you think, it's all so...confused and not true....

94 was when the FIA chose to rule with fairness. Mr S not coming in for a stop/go penalty got him black-flagged. 94 was when the FIA discovers suspect software at the end of the season, but 'cannot prove it was used.' 94 was when Senna died and Hill was robbed of the title...to quote Patrick Head (re SchMACKER's blatant collision with Hill) 'But had it been any other year - or had Senna not been killed in one of our cars - then most certainly we'd have lodged a formal protest on the very grounds on which Michael was found guilty at Monaco in '06.' 1994 Mr S beat Hill by 1 point. Do you really think he could have beaten Senna??? No offense Damon!! :idea: Oh no, you answered that,".....Hill (HILL, i mean DAMON HILL) that driver (driver?!?)."
Do you want me to carry on??
I agree that S has a great talent, but his cheating and rule bending has tarnished the man.
By logan
neil -"Massa has done his bit to help the Red Mutt, and the FIA have picked up the slack"

Seriously you guys are sick.....I mean i just dont get you people.

Is'nt Massa Shumis partner well yes he is and so being that and since he has no chance to win the WDC it's soooooooooooooooooo duck obvisous to help Shumi win the title so whats the big deal...

Ok one quick question..
If it's the last race of the year, Shumi's leading the championship by say 2 points and is running in 5 position while Alonso's running in 4'nd and Fissi in 3'rd in a very competative car and it's impossible for Alonso to overtake Fissi..
So if Alonso stays where he is he will lose the WDC..

Now you tell me Wont you think Fissi will slow down inorder to get Alonso ahead of him????
I think we all know the answer..and it's also logical.Fissi will slow down...And i'm very sure no one will have any objection....
Now you tell me wheather you do it in the Last race or in the middle races what's the difference ????
My dear friend there is no difference.......
Dont tell me you are suggesting that inorder to prove yourself a real Winner Shumi should do win it on his own...I would consider it as most ridiculious thing if you feel that way...come people you need to get real ..This is F1 and not some movie where the Hero will do all sorts of stunts and still make it in the end....For heavens sake stop living in a fantesy !!!!!!

If you all want that and if your watching F1 to see anything like that then i would suggest you better stop now. This is not the place what your looking for..What you are looking for is a Hollywood movie based on F1...i'm not sure even they can make a film which would be sooooooo impractical...
By certom
yeah, continue philerooney, say that if benetton had suspected software was not a Schumi fault, but of the team, say that Damon Hill could win the title just because Schumi had been out, and that Hill risked to lose the championship against his deb-mate Villeneuve, and in that year Schumi drove the worste Ferrari of the last years...
say that this year in monaco the FIA took 8 HOURS to decide on non based evidence that Schumi was guilt, and why they didn't let Ferrari to appeal?
and you know, and enlightened too, that the mass damper is ILLEGAL as the Lotus 88 (twin chassis) was...
By bud
Logan wtf with the sick comment?

If you cant understand your own favourite teams way of operating its drivers then youre a sad and blind fan!

example did Fisi let alonso have the win at malaysia this year? would Ferrari have allowed massa that win in the same situation that early in the season? answer is NO
thats the difference between Ferrari and the rest! which kinda takes away from mikes stats i would say!
No competition in your own team youre going to get all the accolades if your team is out right fastest on the grid then youre going to get all the wins all the titles.
By logan
Yes that's right may be Ferrari would have not allowed massa had they been in the same situation but I also know one thing that Fissi would let Alonso ahead in next few races to help him get the WDC.....
So you do it at the end when you feel the waters above your head or you do it from the start what's the difference.....In any case if you are going to sacrifice your second driver what's wrong in doing it from start...
Just in order to make it look a bit classy if your suggesting you should do it only in the end races i think it's stupid...Again Ferrari is not here to take care about your emotions..It wil do what it takes to win both the championships and I think it's very Professional!!!!!!!!
Just because the other teams dont do it I dont think it's something wrong and so Ferrari should stop it.In Ferrari they are very clear who their First driver is and they make sure that he gets the best....Other teams dont want to follow what the Ferrari's doing so it's their choise. BTW we all know eventually they all will do the same when the need arrives but will just try to showoff till then....
And if your talking about sympathy for the 2'nd drivers in Ferrari,well all I want to say is that they all are aware of the situation in Ferrari and still they want to join the team.And till your in the team you have to follow the rules.If you feel your unsatisfied doors are open can leave anytime.

See our F1 related articles too!