FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
Making his debut at Spa in the 1991 Belgian GP, Michael Schumacher began his F1 career with an impressive seventh place in qualifying; having only circulated the circuit once before on a pushbike! Despite his Jordan failing to complete its first lap due to clutch problems, the motor sport world had woken up to the talent of the twenty-two year old.

Since August 25th 1991, the Kerpen born driver has battled legends on his way to a record seven Driver World Championships, duelling with such names as Senna, Mansell, Prost, Villeneuve, Hakkinen, Hill and Alonso. Also known for several on track clashes, his intelligent driving style has seen him turn around the Ferrari team fortunes since he joined the Italian based outfit in 1996, much to the pleasure of the Tifosi.

Love him or hate him, Schumacher senior has been an absolute pleasure to watch, and will leave his mark upon the sport for decades to come. Whatever the outcome tomorrow, even his biggest critics will tip their hats in respect, should the illustrious German decide to bow out on top of his game.

Thank you Michael, god speed. :D
By certom
Thank you for everything, Schumi!
By philerooney
Yes, excellent driver granted. Contrast that to his 'natural instinct' to cheat.....oops, it's called a professional foul these days isn't it...means that a lot of the F1 afficionados will be pleased to see him leave.
The FIA should also be ashamed of their positive intervention with regard to S's title aspirations.
By Stephen
Very eloquent Forza, i'm really going to miss him should he retire, and i've always been one of those unfortunate fans to be supporting the drivers/teams he's been battling against! :(

Excusing his ontrack clashes, lets also remember what this driver has done for circuit safety, the $13 million USD he's given to charity ($10 million USD for the Tsunami appeal) and the excitement and thrill the 7 times world champ has brought to millions of F1 fans the world over. He's a legend, and perhaps, just perhaps, the finest driver ever? (I can't believe I just said that)

I can hardly remember the days before he graced F1 back in 1991, standing in for Bertrand Gachot. I was 11 then, i'm now 26, and it's going to be such a wierd experience watching F1 without him. I'll have to stop there, i'm actually feeling a little weepy! :roll:
By certom
“This is the right moment - this is my last Monza race. I have decided to retire from racing. It’s been an exceptional time that motorsport has given me and I have loved every moment - the good and bad. They are what make life so special.”

Thank you.
By logan
“This is the right moment - this is my last Monza race. I have decided to retire from racing. It’s been an exceptional time that motorsport has given me and I have loved every moment - the good and bad. They are what make life so special.”

Thank you.
Hello everyone...i just dont know how to react to this, well we all all knew it was comming and seemed i was prepared for this day, but seems i wasent..Stephen feeling a bit weepy,and i thought it was just me....Cant belive someone who's so distant can affect ones life to that extent,and i know there are millions like me..

Just cannot Imagine F1 without SHUMI...

F1 without Shumi feels so empty, his retirement has left a big hole in F1.

For me Shumi wasent just a 7 times WDC he's always been an inspiration.
I want to thank him for building the "Never Say Die" attitude in me..it's his this attitude which makes me feel stronger when i'm low..Will always remember him for that.

Thank you Michael..thank you for being in F1.I dont know about others neither i care...for me you will always be my hero, I will miss you real bad.

I will have one regret though..I always wanted to be at a F1 GP and see Michael racing.
I know someday i will definately go and watch a GP but without Michael it JUST WONT BE THE SAME.

Wish Michael the very best for whatever he does in future....

See our F1 related articles too!