FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Discuss your own car, automotive news and latest supercar launches.
By EwanM
I can't wait!! 8)

Have just finished Richard Hammond's autobiography (which mostly focuses on his crash and recovery) - what I hadn't realised before reading this, was just how hurt the guy was. His brain injuries actually had him regress to that of a ten year old, fear unfamiliar people, and completely lose his short-term memory. He is not the same person he was before the accident, but is now coming to grips with how the accident has affected his and his family's lives.

Top bloke our Hamster... :clap:

Yeah I read it earlier this year, I thought it was really good. Especially during the recovery period. Like when he feared the flashing lights on the motorway on his way up to the retreat in Scotland and how he kept forgetting things.
Brilliant, as is James May, he was funny when I met him.
By Stephen
I can't wait!! 8)

Have just finished Richard Hammond's autobiography (which mostly focuses on his crash and recovery) - what I hadn't realised before reading this, was just how hurt the guy was. His brain injuries actually had him regress to that of a ten year old, fear unfamiliar people, and completely lose his short-term memory. He is not the same person he was before the accident, but is now coming to grips with how the accident has affected his and his family's lives.

Yeah I read it earlier this year, I thought it was really good. Especially during the recovery period. Like when he feared the flashing lights on the motorway on his way up to the retreat in Scotland and how he kept forgetting things.

As I said to 'her indoors' - I'd rather break my legs, arms and ribs than attempt to recover from such an injury. Anyway - enough of that - the team are on in just five minutes which is just enough time to grab a coffee! :D
By EwanM
I can't wait!! 8)

As I said to 'her indoors' - I'd rather break my legs, arms and ribs than attempt to recover from such an injury. Anyway - enough of that - the team are on in just five minutes which is just enough time to grab a coffee! :D

Yeah I better get off this for an hour.

POWWWEEERRRR!
By Stephen
So far, not the greatest episode...

I hate it when they write-off perfectly good cars, especially classics like the Austin on tonight's show, just for entertainments sake - it wasn't funny or worthwhile IMHO. :rolleyes:
By EwanM
So far, not the greatest episode...

I hate it when they write-off perfectly good cars, especially classics like the Austin on tonight's show, just for entertainments sake - it wasn't funny or worthwhile IMHO. :rolleyes:

Why the stuntman wtf?
Police car challenge is pretty cool. And Ferrari looked nice, but yeah so much for petrol advice :P
Clarkson V The Environment
What a waste of time :rolleyes: Why were they destroying so many nice cars? They are as bad as Fifth Gear now :( Poor Fiat Coupe - it's such a nice car and it's a darn sight faster than the Astra and they go and do so many stupid ar*e things to it :(
By EwanM
What a waste of time :rolleyes: Why were they destroying so many nice cars? They are as bad as Fifth Gear now :( Poor Fiat Coupe - it's such a nice car and it's a darn sight faster than the Astra and they go and do so many stupid ar*e things to it :(

I thought it was the other way round and Fifth Gear is now turning into Top Gear. I preferred when they looked at more cars. Sure I like challenges, but they so frequent now. Poor coupe indeed, Suzuki was funny tho.

I have a friend who doesnt like the cars but watched top gear for "Entertainment" - wt is the point?
By Stephen
What a load of rubbish, very disappointing. The sooner Clarkson retires the better - I'm sick to death of his formulaic car reviews:

I hate this car, I don't get this car, no I hate it, actually... , I love this car - but I wouldn't own one

Top Gear has become a trashy soap opera - full of dross, directed by people without a basic understanding of cars. :banghead:
By EwanM
What a load of rubbish, very disappointing. The sooner Clarkson retires the better - I'm sick to death of his formulaic car reviews:

I hate this car, I don't get this car, no I hate it, actually... , I love this car - but I wouldn't own one

Top Gear has become a trashy soap opera - full of dross, directed by people without a basic understanding of cars. :banghead:

I no they should get me on it :P
The Stig - the popular hero of BBC motoring show Top Gear - impresses Renault's double F1 World Champion Fernando Alonso at Silverstone ahead of last weekend's British Grand Prix, the Spaniard reckoning that he is 'definitely ex-F1'...

The Stig - the enigmatic hero of popular BBC motoring programme Top Gear - has received high words of praise indeed, from none other than double Formula 1 World Champion Fernando Alonso.

The Stig - clad in his famous white racing overalls and helmet - was present at Silverstone last weekend, behind the wheel of a two-seater Santander grand prix car as he lapped the circuit before the F1 cars took to the starting grid on Sunday ahead of the British Grand Prix.

A watching Alonso was clearly impressed.

"Whoever's in that car is a seriously good driver," the 26-year-old Spaniard - a 19-time grand prix winner - is quoted as having said by Top Gear's website. "I've no idea who he is, but he's definitely ex-F1."

The identity of The Stig remains a closely-guarded mystery, and his presence at Silverstone came about when a man who had won £5million on the lottery bought three passenger laps with him in the two-seater machine around the self-styled 'Home of British Motor Racing', after bidding £35,000 for the experience in a Great Ormond Street Children's Hospital charity auction.

And living up to his fearless reputation, The Stig certainly made sure his passenger got value for money, excelling on a wet surface and even letting the back step out at almost 180mph with no traction control or driver aids for comfort. As Alonso noted, a true pro.

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/11072008/23/f1-champ-alonso-lauds-driving-ability-stig.html

See our F1 related articles too!