FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Celebrate over sixty years of F1 - your memories, experiences and opinions.
I hope you enjoy it. Let us know what you think of it.
That will be the rather grisly chapter from Rubython's book, then.
I hope you enjoy it. Let us know what you think of it.

I read that book a couple of months back. I did like it overall, but I also got the feeling that alot of it was other people's writing pieced together. One minute it would talk about the brilliance of Ayrton but then balance it out with a chapter which was quite negative. Don't get me wrong, I respect Senna and his legacy enormously and I do like to read balanced arguments in literature, but the book was slightly misleading. It was more like a Journal, pieced together.
Mind you I did find the chapter on the crash and it's causes quite interesting, though pretty sad.
I cannot and never will be able to accept one's opinion about Ayrton who never actually saw him race inperson or live on TV. What one read's and believe's , one who never witnessed his brilliance and determination behind the wheel of a racecar live, their opinion about Senna is worthless to me personaly.

Alittle harsh maybe but fully legitimate imho.
I cannot and never will be able to accept one's opinion about Ayrton who never actually saw him race inperson or live on TV. What one read's and believe's , one who never witnessed his brilliance and determination behind the wheel of a racecar live, their opinion about Senna is worthless to me personaly.

A bit harsh :mrgreen:
I cannot and never will be able to accept one's opinion about Ayrton who never actually saw him race in person or live on TV. What one read's and believe's , one who never witnessed his brilliance and determination behind the wheel of a racecar live, their opinion about Senna is worthless to me personaly.

Harsh, yes. Fully legitimate, not quite. Senna's record, his famous quotes all speak for themselves, there are some excellent books about the legend, and footage does exist of his races. I only saw the tail end of Senna's career, but saw enough to realise his genius, and I'd regard myself to be just as knowledgeable as anybody about his career and just as big a fan of him. Senna, I felt, partly gave me the inspiration to go and push myself to and beyond the limits of my ability in certain aspects of my life.

See our F1 related articles too!