FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Celebrate over sixty years of F1 - your memories, experiences and opinions.
By racechick
Well sorry :oops: the way you talk up Hammy I just thought it was a possibility.
A reflex action so to speak :wink:

:roll: Just because he's GOING to win all before him, doesnt mean he can magic points out of thin air :roll: Give the lad a chance!

You may be right racechick, but up till now he has not proved anything to me except that he is a very good driver when he has the best car.
:wink:

Best of four cars it was, With 3 good experienced drivers in the others :wink:
By Mikep99

Sorry but no one remembers who came second. :wink:
So really he has proven nothing yet :shock:
By Denthúl
I think Coulthard, seeing as he's been driving for fourteen years and scoring consistently up until the Red Bull years. Mansell is most likely second, but probably wouldn't have been if the points system was the same now as it was back when he was driving.
By racechick

They remember Moss, he came second lots :wink:

And my comment was in reply to you saying he had the best car-he had one of four best cars.
I suppose you could argue he had crap opposition and so as a rookie was able get within one point of the championship. Bit tough on the other three drivers though if you take that stance :shock:
By Mikep99

And my comment was in reply to you saying he had the best car-he had one of four best cars.
I suppose you could argue he had crap opposition and so as a rookie was able get within one point of the championship. Bit tough on the other three drivers though if you take that stance :shock:

No I would say he had the best car & a demoralised teammate & he still did not win the thing :shock:
By racechick

No I would say he had the best car & a demoralised teammate & he still did not win the thing :shock:

The Ferraris were as good and were also gifted the first win. Demoralisd teammate :shock: Well yes i suppose so. Who wouldnt be up against a rookie like that. Somewhat embarrasing for a double world chamion :lol:
By Mikep99
Who wouldnt be up against a rookie like that. Somewhat embarrasing for a double world chamion :lol:

No it was because of the Hammy - Ron lovin.Image But Alonso should have been more of a man about it. :wink:
By racechick
Who wouldnt be up against a rookie like that. Somewhat embarrasing for a double world chamion :lol:

No it was because of the Hammy - Ron lovin.Image But Alonso should have been more of a man about it. :wink:

Alonso was meant to be racing Ron's cars not vying for his attentions in a popularity contest :roll: He's a racing driver for Christs sake! He had equal opportunity to win and with his experience should have done so.....except he had a superfast super talented teammate that screwed his head up
By texasmr2
.....except he had a superfast super talented teammate that screwed his head up

We are talking about Lewis Hamilton and not Superman right? :P
By Mikep99

Alonso was meant to be racing Ron's cars not vying for his attentions in a popularity contest :roll: He's a racing driver for Christs sake! He had equal opportunity to win and with his experience should have done so.....except he had a superfast super talented teammate that screwed his head up

Your right he was ment to be racing Ron's car but Ron made it clear for everyone to see with his little blooper that Hammy & Ron were racing against Alonso :shock:
Alonso was a big baby about it I agree but don't you think this sucky baby antics effected him on the track as well. :?: I think it did :wink:
Hammy was deep in the sh!t the last 2 races of 2007 & much the same the last 2 races in 2008.

He has it all to prove, but I am sure he can pull him self out of the crap as he is a very talanted driver, as long as McLaren give him the right car that is :wink:
By bud
Your right he was ment to be racing Ron's car but Ron made it clear for everyone to see with his little blooper that Hammy & Ron were racing against Alonso :shock:

Alonso was already sacked by that race, why not bring some evidence up from the start of the season? it all begun once the outcry that McLaren were favouring Alonso at Monaco, so intern made things more equal and ALonso did not like that and started sooking and making rash statements about his team in doing so made them dislike him and it continued down that path. out of the car he wasnt like Alonso had himself to blame but in the car he had every oppertunity to win, He won in Monza if McLaren were favouring Hamilton they did a s*** job at that race :roll:

Hammy was deep in the sh!t the last 2 races of 2007 & much the same the last 2 races in 2008.

Barhain yeah, Sepang, he didnt do anything wrong, his results were determined by things out of his control, penalty and malfunction in the pits, otherwise he would have had 3rd.
By Mikep99

Alonso was already sacked by that race, why not bring some evidence up from the start of the season? it all begun once the outcry that McLaren were favouring Alonso at Monaco, so intern made things more equal and ALonso did not like that and started sooking and making rash statements about his team in doing so made them dislike him and it continued down that path. out of the car he wasnt like Alonso had himself to blame but in the car he had every oppertunity to win, He won in Monza if McLaren were favouring Hamilton they did a s*** job at that race :roll:

Barhain yeah, Sepang, he didnt do anything wrong, his results were determined by things out of his control, penalty and malfunction in the pits, otherwise he would have had 3rd.

We have been down this road so many times before bud. You don’t believe Ron was favoring Hammy & I do. Who is right :?: Ron only know this for sure & maybe just maybe Alonso does too hence the dummy spit.
Alonso was a big cat about it but really we don’t know anything for sure. Was it because hammy was matching him or was it because Ron favoured hammy in some way – both are equally valid assumptions mate.
Only think I know for sure is that I am not blinded by the Ron Dennis halo. :wink:

By bud
Ron had a better relationship with Hamilton that Alonso no question but no suggestions have ever come up that they favoured him on track!If anything Alonso had the better equipment at GPs heck he even had the spare car setup for him at every GP!
Only one man suggests that and he is a sook and also suggested Renault were against him once his 06 title lead went away for abit there.
By Mikep99
Ron had a better relationship with Hamilton that Alonso no question but no suggestions have ever come up that they favoured him on track!If anything Alonso had the better equipment at GPs heck he even had the spare car setup for him at every GP!
Only one man suggests that and he is a sook and also suggested Renault were against him once his 06 title lead went away for abit there.

I agree Alonso is a sook :cry: but thats about it.

See our F1 related articles too!