FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Discuss your own car, automotive news and latest supercar launches.
Yes. It takes about 12 or 13hrs using the channel tunnel.

Not bad. From my home base (on the beautiful shores of Georgian Bay) it takes about 8 hours to get to Lake Placid New York, Jay Peak Vermont, or the resorts south of Montreal. When I was backpacking in Europe everyone thought you could drive from Toronto to Whistler B.C. ........ you can, but it would tale about 6 days. When I move I will be about 8 hours from Lindsey Vonn's home mountain, and a cheap flight (+ 2 hr. drive) from Aspen, Vail, and Breckenridge. Sounds like you have it pretty good. Of course I currently live 5 minutes from the base of my little Ski hill, Blue Mountain Resort. Not much vertical, but after 2 major knee ops it suits me okay. :wavey:

Never skied America or Canada, probably unlikely to now ive got the chalet, but it sounds good.......except the bit whee they can fine you for drinking alcohol :rofl: something like that anyway. Having your own little ski hill sounds great!

im in les trois vallees, very close to Les Arc, la plagne, Tigne, Val d'Isere and Italy, you can ski over to Italy for lunch. Moutiers (the first hospital they took Michael to ) is about half an hour away, its always a traffic bottleneck on a Sat because its the gateway to the three valleys. i'll send some pics when im there.......i know how to make pics small now :wink:
New car has arrived!!!!!!!!!

I will say, it is quite nice; and far less ugly than the previous model.

:thumbup:
By operaman

Not bad. From my home base (on the beautiful shores of Georgian Bay) it takes about 8 hours to get to Lake Placid New York, Jay Peak Vermont, or the resorts south of Montreal. When I was backpacking in Europe everyone thought you could drive from Toronto to Whistler B.C. ........ you can, but it would tale about 6 days. When I move I will be about 8 hours from Lindsey Vonn's home mountain, and a cheap flight (+ 2 hr. drive) from Aspen, Vail, and Breckenridge. Sounds like you have it pretty good. Of course I currently live 5 minutes from the base of my little Ski hill, Blue Mountain Resort. Not much vertical, but after 2 major knee ops it suits me okay. :wavey:

Never skied America or Canada, probably unlikely to now ive got the chalet, but it sounds good.......except the bit whee they can fine you for drinking alcohol :rofl: something like that anyway. Having your own little ski hill sounds great!

im in les trois vallees, very close to Les Arc, la plagne, Tigne, Val d'Isere and Italy, you can ski over to Italy for lunch. Moutiers (the first hospital they took Michael to ) is about half an hour away, its always a traffic bottleneck on a Sat because its the gateway to the three valleys. i'll send some pics when im there.......i know how to make pics small now :wink:

Sounds amazing (especially the skiing to Italy for lunch), perhaps I am engaged to the wrong F1 fanatic. :hehe:

Sounds amazing (especially the skiing to Italy for lunch), perhaps I am engaged to the wrong F1 fanatic. :hehe:

:rofl::rofl: I think you're fine and will be very happy.
A word of warning about skiing to Italy for lunch. Having skied right down into the valley, to la Thuille , and found a nice old pizza restaurant! it is very easy to while the day away over several bottles of good Italian red. It's then a mad wobbly dash back to get the connecting chair back to France!
By operaman

A word of warning about skiing to Italy for lunch. Having skied right down into the valley, to la Thuille , and found a nice old pizza restaurant! it is very easy to while the day away over several bottles of good Italian red. It's then a mad wobbly dash back to get the connecting chair back to France!

That sounds like a great story, maybe you should make your blog about skiing and F1. BTW you are right about my gf, I love her even if she is a Ferrari fan. :yikes:

That sounds like a great story, maybe you should make your blog about skiing and F1. BTW you are right about my gf, I love her even if she is a Ferrari fan. :yikes:

A farrarri fan! :yikes::thud: Oh well.......you can't have it all! :hehe:
By sagi58
...BTW you are right about my gf, I love her even if she is a Ferrari fan. :yikes:

Image And, that's a problem how??
Would you be so kind as to provide her email address so I can send her this link?? :twisted:

(( :rofl: ))
By operaman
...BTW you are right about my gf, I love her even if she is a Ferrari fan. :yikes:

Image And, that's a problem how??
Would you be so kind as to provide her email address so I can send her this link?? :twisted:

(( :rofl: ))

Actually I misspoke, she is an Alonso fan. As proof she has a ton of Alonso "stuff", including t's, hoodies, etc. from his Renault, McLaren and Ferrari days. She'd even cheer for him if he drove for Red Bull. :vomit:
By sagi58
Actually I misspoke, she is an Alonso fan. As proof she has a ton of Alonso "stuff", including t's, hoodies, etc. from his Renault, McLaren and Ferrari days. She'd even cheer for him if he drove for Red Bull. :vomit:

You know what means, don't you?? You're a lucky guy, because the woman is loyal!!
Auguri!! :D
Operaman there is hope . I used to have Alonso stuff. Hoodie, vest top. But I saw the light and gave it away. Shame really because it was that nice bright turquoise blue colour.
By operaman
Operaman there is hope . I used to have Alonso stuff. Hoodie, vest top. But I saw the light and gave it away. Shame really because it was that nice bright turquoise blue colour.

My hope is that I can get the VISA situation sorted out soon. :(

My hope is that I can get the VISA situation sorted out soon. :(

Is it not looking good? Or just taking ages?

See our F1 related articles too!