FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Discuss your own car, automotive news and latest supercar launches.
I don't drive, let's just say that my first car I would hope for is the Peugeot 208...they make some great little engines...can get 1L petrol which will return 63 miles per gallon, which is amazing for a petrol...I had to share that :thumbup:

I don't know much about modern Peugeot's, so can't comment much on them, but I do know a lot of people that had Peugeot's between around 1998 and 2010 and they were the worst, most unreliable cars known to man. My brother had a 207 brand new around 5 or 6 years ago, and got rid of it within a year it was that bad. My Wife's bridesmaid from our wedding had a 307 for about 5 years and it was constantly in the garage getting something or other fixed.

Maybe they're better now, but I'd definitely read the customer reviews before committing to one!!

I have read, and i must say you are right...been watching a lot of views on youtube, and all the car gives, is just negativity....but on the other hand Peugeot's engines are cracking...the new 208 has improved...but still has some downsides, but yes you are definitely right.
Have I ever told you guys we pay $3.75 a gallon for premium 93 octane gas? :twisted:

I don't buy gas by the gallon. It just gets piped to my house and I pay British Gas a set amount each month. :D

Gas is short of gasoline petrol is short for petroleum which no car I know of runs on in its crude form. At least we'll have no confusion when we're all driving electrics. :wink:

AC or DC?

Sent from Turing Colossus using Tapatalk 2
Renault twizy, very small little car if your planning to show off, that's electric
Had to get rid of the Coupe a while ago sadly, for the time being I have something unspectacular but large and safe for children, as well as being able to carry everything that goes with having babies and young children! I actually quite like it now that I'm used to it. :) As soon as I have a house with a large enough driveway though, I'll be getting another small, sporty car for the weekends!!

Was that one of the Top Gear outcasts last week? :wink: I feel your pain man, when my wife an I were at the "kiddies" stage of life I actually bought a minivan. Getting rid of it after the lease period was one of the happiest moments of my life.
New car has arrived!!!!!!!!! Here it is. Sagi, you see what I did with that number plate :rofl::rofl::rofl:

image.jpg

image.jpg

It's got lots of gadgets inside, it's worse than a mobile phone!!!! Try to put the radio on and your bum gets warmed up. Try to turn the volume up and the temperature goes up. I just have to remember not to press buttons whilst driving, I think that's the safest option to start with. It's ok about lights because they come on by themselves.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
By operaman
New car has arrived!!!!!!!!! Here it is. Sagi, you see what I did with that number plate :rofl::rofl::rofl:

image.jpg

image.jpg

It's got lots of gadgets inside, it's worse than a mobile phone!!!! Try to put the radio on and your bum gets warmed up. Try to turn the volume up and the temperature goes up. I just have to remember not to press buttons whilst driving, I think that's the safest option to start with. It's ok about lights because they come on by themselves.

Looks and sounds like a great ski car. Can you ski in England???

image.jpg

image.jpg

No, you can in Scotland but I've never done that. Car is definitely with Skiing in mind. but it shifts and the brakes are immediate, so strong!
By operaman

image.jpg

image.jpg

No, you can in Scotland but I've never done that. Car is definitely with Skiing in mind. but it shifts and the brakes are immediate, so strong!

Do you drive to your alpine escapes??? If so, how long does it take? :confused:
Yes. It takes about 12 or 13hrs using the channel tunnel.
By sagi58

That's a beauty, alright!!
Love the "personalized plates"! haha...
I bought a 1987 Porsche 944 S today! Complete toy to just take to track days and fool around with. Not concourse material but VERY clean with only 48k miles on it.

I hit paydirt, it's got every single service document since the car was bought and it really is in need of a new set of rubber and that's it. As a bonus, it's already got upgraded sway bars, carbon-ceramic brake pads, stainless steel break lines and a stainless stainless steel performance exhaust.

I won't get it till next week, just went to see it today negotiated the price, shook hands and left a deposit. These aren't my pics they're the ones the current owner sent me but they're good enough to post for now.

I remember when you posted this. Frack it was over 3 years ago

Sent using NCC-1701
Silver linings. It was missing out on that car that committed me even more on getting my 911. :cloud9:
By operaman
Yes. It takes about 12 or 13hrs using the channel tunnel.

Not bad. From my home base (on the beautiful shores of Georgian Bay) it takes about 8 hours to get to Lake Placid New York, Jay Peak Vermont, or the resorts south of Montreal. When I was backpacking in Europe everyone thought you could drive from Toronto to Whistler B.C. ........ you can, but it would tale about 6 days. When I move I will be about 8 hours from Lindsey Vonn's home mountain, and a cheap flight (+ 2 hr. drive) from Aspen, Vail, and Breckenridge. Sounds like you have it pretty good. Of course I currently live 5 minutes from the base of my little Ski hill, Blue Mountain Resort. Not much vertical, but after 2 major knee ops it suits me okay. :wavey:

See our F1 related articles too!