FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Discuss your own car, automotive news and latest supercar launches.
By Selcouth_Feline
Whats the new car?

In the spirit of Rolf Harris, can you guess what it is yet? (pictures shamelessly stolen from the car's brochure).
random.JPG

As an extra hint, it's BMW powered :)

(and for those of you on my FB, no cheating ;) )

The deal hasn't been finalised yet so I don't know if I'll get it or not. I have all my fingers and toes crossed at the moment.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
By cap-dude
If I bought an exige, and trust me, I plan to (or an elise at least). I don't think I could ever give it up. I'd be too attached to the thing, since it's no doubt my favourite car ever.

Whats the new car anyway

*edit*
Surely thats a Morgan
By Selcouth_Feline
If I bought an exige, and trust me, I plan to (or an elise at least). I don't think I could ever give it up. I'd be too attached to the thing, since it's no doubt my favourite car ever.

I loved my Exige. Really loved it. But I wanted a bit more refinement too. And a car that I can travel across Europe in and actually get out of the car being able to hear. I honestly would have kept her if I could but I don't have enough money or garage space to be able to keep three cars.

I put ridiculous numbers of miles on it but once they start to get higher mileage, no-one wants them, so I can't really afford to have it as my 'fun' car any more. Demand is massively high at the moment too. It's also started to get a bit niggly...nothing major, but lots of little things which you know will add up to megabucks over the next year. So, with four people quite literally fighting over her, she had to go :(

Whats the new car anyway

*edit*
Surely thats a Morgan

:yes: Spot on. I've hankered after a Moggie for years and as they are stopping production of the Aero 8 this year, I figured now was a fantastic time to buy. As you can probably gather from my other posts, we were looking at getting a Ferrari 430 or something similar, but they just seemed a bit dull. At least the Morgan is completely bonkers :hehe:

4.4L BMW engine with side exhausts; 0-60 in 4.5 seconds; 321 bhp/tonne (one seriously lazy engine!) :thumbup:
By scotty
So is it one of the crosseyed ones or the later version where they changed that? :P
By Stealthgate007
That is quite fantastic looking.. :yes: Good Luck on the purchase SF. Makes me want to trade up, but like you I have a car that is a keeper. My BMW 330ci is paid for January 1st.
By texasmr2
My BMW 330ci is paid for January 1st.

:clap: and it sounds like it's almost "Turbo Time" :D !!!!!
By texasmr2
I think Im getting to be an old man. Merc SL55 is calling my name.. :hehe:

Very nice car you WISE old man :D . Good way to pull down some :censored::wink: !!!
By Selcouth_Feline
its crosseyed

:nono: The Series 1 was crosseyed. They revised the front end on later models. Mine's a Series 3 so doesn't have the cross eyes (which I actually quite like :boxedin:)

aero 8 front.jpg

They also make quite an unusual noise: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJzdRXgCQmM

I think Im getting to be an old man. Merc SL55 is calling my name..

Tell me about it...that's half the reason I'm getting something different. Getting old so can't take the noise levels any more ;)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
By Jamie
Well, I've been talking about getting a new car for a while, and I went to my local TVR/Lotus dealer this morning to look at possibly getting a TVR Tamora. Having seen a couple of Tamoras, I decided that they weren't quite what I wanted, and then I saw this Exige...

Lotus Exige Front2a.JPG

Lotus Exige Reara.JPG

So, this is my new toy and I can't wait to pick it up - the dealer has to service and prep it so it looks like it's going to be just over a week before I actually get my grubby mitts on it and I can't wait!!

how did you afford that? Finance plan :twisted:

I'm thinking of doin that for a VW Scurroco
By Selcouth_Feline

Nope, cash. I dislike being in debt therefore, with the exception of my house, I try never to buy anything that I can't pay for immediately.

Funnily enough, I'm actually not missing the Lotus at all. I thought I would, but I'm not!
By Jamie

Nope, cash. I dislike being in debt therefore, with the exception of my house, I try never to buy anything that I can't pay for immediately.

Funnily enough, I'm actually not missing the Lotus at all. I thought I would, but I'm not!

Cool, I'm thinking of getting a VW Scurocco next year, or a Vauxhall VRX08 i think it is, i can't afford a 20k in cash :thumbdown:
By Selcouth_Feline
Side4.JPG

My latest toy.

0-60 in sub 4 seconds; Side exhausts that sound brutal; Exceptional handling performance; Crazy yet beautiful looks. What more could a girl ask for :D

See our F1 related articles too!