FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

For computing and gaming discussion (incl. batracer)
By McLaren Fan
Hey 7UP, what kind of spec is needed to run it??

System requirements are;

# 1.4 GHz processor
# Windows 98 SE, ME, 2000, XP, XP 64-bit (will NOT run in Windows 95 or Windows 98 first edition)
# 512 MB RAM
# Geforce4 4200 or Radeon 9200
# 128 MB video RAM
# DirectX 9.0c
# 2.0 GB of hard drive space for installation
# Internet connection required for one-time activation

And if you use Windows Vista the chances are it a) won't run at all b) won't run properly c) will require several times those specifications to be even playable.
By 7UpJordan
Hey 7UP, what kind of spec is needed to run it??

System requirements are;

# 1.4 GHz processor
# Windows 98 SE, ME, 2000, XP, XP 64-bit (will NOT run in Windows 95 or Windows 98 first edition)
# 512 MB RAM
# Geforce4 4200 or Radeon 9200
# 128 MB video RAM
# DirectX 9.0c

And if you use Windows Vista the chances are it a) won't run at all b) won't run properly c) will require several times those specifications to be even playable.

Upgrading to Vista at this moment in time is a bad idea, there are lots of games totally incompatible with it and some that will work but only unmodified which is bad news for F1 Challenge 1999 - 2002 users with mods from the 70's to 2007 installed.
By Selcouth_Feline
Ergh, I can't choose just the one!
Neverwinter Nights
Command & Conquer (I lose countless nights' sleep to this game)
Wolf3d (for being a pioneer and rocking majorly)
Super Mario Bros 3 on the NES
Queen - the Eye (the game sucked because they spent too long making it, but the music is astounding)

Currently don't really have enough time to play on games...I guess I'd have to go with Warhawk though.

Future - there's a tonne of neat DS games coming out which I'm looking forward to (particularly when my new DS turns up, grrr).
By certom
Wolf3d (for being a pioneer and rocking majorly)

cool one 8) duck nazis :D

(lol, he corrected my "f*uckin" into "duck")
Last edited by certom on 14 Feb 08, 13:02, edited 2 times in total.
By bud
MarioKart & Goldeneye on Nintendo 64!!!
By Rob-F1
Two of the best games ever! :D
By Sam-KK24
I forgot about C&C, I loved Red Alert for the PS1, what a game!
By 7UpJordan
I have C&C Tiberian Sun but can never get past that level on the Nod campaign when you have only 1 soldier and a gang of mutants to help him, always end up getting killed by one of those GDI robots with the huge cannon.
By Sam-KK24
I have actually just forgot about my ALL TIME favourite game :shock:

drum roll.......

Metal Gear Solid!

I love the series, completed every game so far and was a big factor in me buying the PS3
By Selcouth_Feline
I have C&C Tiberian Sun but can never get past that level on the Nod campaign when you have only 1 soldier and a gang of mutants to help him, always end up getting killed by one of those GDI robots with the huge cannon.

Have to admit I wasn't the biggest fan of Tiberian Sun (nor of Red Alert 2 which I thought was too easy). The original had me hooked for hours though and I must have played the campaigns waaaay too many times.

Oh, I forgot another game I wasted too many hours of my life on - Counterstrike. When I was a games manager, I used to play it for up to 18 hours a day and that is seriously not good for your health!
By Rob-F1
I have actually just forgot about my ALL TIME favourite game :shock:

drum roll.......

Metal Gear Solid!

I love the series, completed every game so far and was a big factor in me buying the PS3

I hate them. Can't denie they are well made games... just never have liked the series.
Resident Evil has it covered.
By Irv the Swerve
Championship Manager 97/98-01/02-CM4, Football Manager 2006-2007-2008, Grand Prix 2-3-4, Mercenaires, PGR, Every Pro Evo, Zelda O of Time, Goldeneye 64, Super Mario 64, Super Mario Sunshine, Paper Mario Call of Duty 4 and loads more....................... :D
By al4x
what on earth is this rfactor? ive never even heard of it!

a quick google and i found it but dont really get it, ive never seen it in the shops

tRuns Best With Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 processor
# Windows XP
# 2048 MB RAM
# Geforce 7900 GT or Radeon X1900 GT
# 256 MB video RAM
# DirectX 9.0c

well my laptop beats all of those point so it should be good i guess, i didnt think there were any new f1 games for pc
By al4x
fave pc game = civ series/ c and c series

fave console game = ssx 3 (xbox only i hate play stations)

fave portable = pokemon lol ive been playing it on the iphone recently! its ace

i love tiberian sun, the graphics were good for the time! i beat all the levels ( @ 7up) lol
love c and c 3 and civ 4, its soo open and complex!
By certom
what on earth is this rfactor? ive never even heard of it!

a quick google and i found it but dont really get it, ive never seen it in the shops

here it Italy they sell it in the shopd since october! but my machine lacks of potency :) so I won't get it :cry:

See our F1 related articles too!