FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Introduce yourself, go on, don't be shy!
By woody2goody
Hi everyone, I'm new on these forums, and I'll just tell you a bit about myself.

Following F1 since: 1996 but occasionally get memory/dream of Senna's death and helicopter from '94.

Favourite Teams: BMW, McLaren, Renault

Favourite Drivers: Jenson Button, Lewis Hamilton, Giancarlo Fisichella, Nick Heidfeld, Jarno Trulli

All-Time Favourite Races: 2006 Hungarian GP, 1998 Belgian GP, 2003 British GP.

F1 Likes: Overtaking, Statistics, Martin Brundle :)

F1 Dislikes: Lack of overtaking, FIA Favouritism, Team Orders, James Allen's commentary (nothing against him; clever bloke, good writer, pretty bad commentator).
By woody2goody
It seems to me like there is some kind of war on these boards between McLaren fans and Ferrari fans. Let me make a few points:

1) McLaren were to blame predominantly in the 'Spygate' b*****ks. But ferrari were surely responsible to some degree for allowing this to go on inside their organisation. So maybe they should have had a small fine too for Stepney's actions.

2) Both are great teams, no question about it. 2007 was a great season and Kimi deserved to win. He's never been one of my favourite drivers but I respect him and he's a great driver.

3) Why do Ferrari fans blame McLaren whenever they can, and why do they assume that when anyone is moaning about the FIA, they are moaning about Ferrari?

4) The FIA is seriously corrupt. They are sneaky and I personally wouldn't care which team they favoured because it's essentially cheating and much worse than copying a few drawings.

5) I would presently support McLaren over Ferrari, and I bet someone will no doubt accuse me of being biased against Ferrari for just that one fact :) But I did used to support Ferrari before they stopped racing and started to piss around with the best sport in the world. (2002 Austrian GP).
By Selcouth_Feline
Hello, welcome to the madhouse :)
I think you'll find tehre's quite a few of us who object to James Allen's inane F1 ramblings ;)
By bud
Welcome woody good to have ya around
By texasmr2
Welcome to the forum :) . Oh and on #3 once you have been here alittle longer you will find it's more often the other way around fyi.
By Jabberwocky
welcome mate
By bud
Welcome to the forum :) . Oh and on #3 once you have been here alittle longer you will find it's more often the other way around fyi.

quit moaning :lol:
By texasmr2

quit moaning :lol:

Not moaning bud just want the fact's to be know :wink:
By Irv the Swerve
Welcome Woody,

Looks like BMW are set for a good campaign. See you around! :D
By certom

4) The FIA is seriously corrupt. They are sneaky and I personally wouldn't care which team they favoured because it's essentially cheating and much worse than copying a few drawings.

ya, those 3 or 4 sheets of drawings :roll:

enjoy us anyway :)
By 7UpJordan
Welcome, I live about 10 miles from you to the west. :)
By texasmr2
Welcome, I live about 10 miles from you to the west. :)

EDITED by me, dont wanna frighten the new member's :lol: .
Last edited by texasmr2 on 08 Jan 08, 20:44, edited 2 times in total.
By McLaren Fan
Hello and welcome to the forum.
By racechick
Hi welcome. Good to hear reason and sense :D I also liked Ferrari when i first started folowing F1 but the more I saw the less I liked 8)

See our F1 related articles too!