FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

For computing and gaming discussion (incl. batracer)
ive noticed some of the lap records on the tracks are impossible to achieve legally ie a lap time of 50 seconds on one of the tracks......

Not sure if it's a bug in the timing or if there's some dodgy shortcuts or something like that to get those times. I'm pretty sure that's not where my problem is though, maybe something to do with the driver aids or something but i've not been able to find out what and it's a total pain in the bottom that the host/server can't disable the stupid driver aids, very badly thought out by SL and I hope codies do a better job.
im pretty sure you can turn off the driver aids to suit your own preference, but as you say you cannot setup the car so the way you would drive it in the single player mode changes in the multiplayer.

but yeah the lap records are surely a bug or some computer nerds hacking shortcuts somehow.
im pretty sure you can turn off the driver aids to suit your own preference

Yeah but you can't turn other players aids off. In the EA sports game I played on the PC the host could decide which driver aids were allowed (if any). I'd go for manual gears, no TC, no stupid brake/steer assist, manual pit limiter all that kind of thing. Only thing I kept was anti stall else it'd be race over if you have a spin. Kept the idiots away, most of em couldn't even get out the pitlane in practice and it also kept out the ones that'd edited their cars and made em weigh 100kg with 2000bhp, they couldn't control that with no TC. The ones that stayed were all decent racers and had some great racing.
So I find it pretty stupid by SL to allow the driver aids like they do but not to allow car setup and hope CM do a much better job of online play.
PS3 network - RF_Stonemonkey

I seem to have a bit of a problem with this F1 game though, I don't think I'm too bad at F1 games but when playing online in this I am fairly consistently 4 secs off the laptime of the leader, on every track and that's when I reckon I've put in almost perfect laps. Anyone got any idea what could be causing that?

Something that annoys me in this game is that you can't set up the car for online play, and another thing that annoys me even more is that you can set up the driver aids.

I have had that same problem for along time. At first I thought it was because I usually race with Auto gearbox, so I worked on my manual and got pretty good. But it didn't work at all.

People have "cheating" patches, or the server glitches like hell.

Btw you Ps3 people, u dnt mind me adding?
AlonsoFan1 - Molinanator (PSN)

I have F1 CE but I'm no good at it...always seem to get a couple seconds off the race leader. I'll be happy to play with any of you guys though, but hurry, since aren't they closing down the servers on May 12? Can't wait for Codemasters F1 game.
When you log in it has a statement about them closing down the servers on that day and how they would like to thank us for our support, etc.

Yeah, they are some cheaters on there, but at least I'm crushing in my season with Alonso with Renault. The fast Renault, not to be confused with the current one.

See our F1 related articles too!