FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Celebrate over sixty years of F1 - your memories, experiences and opinions.
By 7UpJordan
Estoril doesn't have nowadays the minimum F1 standards, unfortunately. Not even close.

They've also messed up the circuit by altering the first three corners and also added in that stupid chicane. :(
I know this has never been on the F1 schedule, but I would love nothing more than to have the U.S. Grand Prix at Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca in California. I live 10 mins away frm the track so it would be a real blessing. The track has somewhat international recognition since it hosts the motogp.
I know this has never been on the F1 schedule, but I would love nothing more than to have the U.S. Grand Prix at Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca in California. I live 10 mins away frm the track so it would be a real blessing. The track has somewhat international recognition since it hosts the motogp.

...and it's got the corkscrew! I think the main issue though would be that it's not safe enough. Bloody softies.

...and it's got the corkscrew! I think the main issue though would be that it's not safe enough. Bloody softies.

And as soon as Herman Tilke even gets a sniff of it, he'll kill it for good by putting in one of his boring constantly tightening corners or super-slow hairpins.

No the safety standards at Laguna have gone up A LOT since motogp arrived. I think the main issue would be that its not long enough, since its only 2.23 miles. Toyota brought their F1 car in 2006 and recorded a 1:06 lap, whereas most F1 tracks are 1:30ish.
No the safety standards at Laguna have gone up A LOT since motogp arrived. I think the main issue would be that its not long enough, since its only 2.23 miles. Toyota brought their F1 car in 2006 and recorded a 1:06 lap, whereas most F1 tracks are 1:30ish.

They could just add 10-20 extra lap's and bring the 'greatest show on earth' to a track it should have been at LONG AGO! :D

They could just add 10-20 extra lap's and bring the 'greatest show on earth' to a track it should have been at LONG AGO! :D

...seriously. It was supposed to host it back in 89, but the FIA gave the race to Phoenix instead.
id love to see a circuit made in Greece, its a beautifull country and if turkey can host a GP surely greece can, all these asian circuits is making F1 look like a Formula Nippon fixture

See our F1 related articles too!