FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Celebrate over sixty years of F1 - your memories, experiences and opinions.
By piledriver
Zandvoort (Netherlands) and Paul Ricard (France).
By certom
i think i'm too young to miss a circuit in particular...i've been watching F1 since 97, and since then there are no more Argentina, Austria, San Marino.... not a great choice indeed, but i'd choose Austria...
By texasmr2
Zandvoort (Netherlands) and Paul Ricard (France).

I unfortunately never had a chance to watch a race at Zandvoort but I did get to see them race at the Paul Ricard circuit. What I remember the most was the French blue run-off area.
By madbrad
yeah I did enjoy Estoril. Also I miss South Africa.
By nsaqam
Watkins Glen. Upstate New York. Wonderful elevation changes, great scenery.
Or any of the old racetracks that were lined with trees and bridge abutments.
By Lem
Started watching around 95 so there's not many to choose from. Didn't think Austria was as bad as what some others have said in the past, there were a few good races there since it was re-introduced in 97. Never been a huge fan of Imola although plenty were. I'd have to go with the obvious choice and say the old Hockenheim lay out.

Don't particularly remember a race at Buenos Aires (I'm thinking rain and Jordan's crashing into each other??) but I remember it was the one race on F1 97 on the Playstation that I could never win. :cry:
Don't particularly remember a race at Buenos Aires (I'm thinking rain and Jordan's crashing into each other??) but I remember it was the one race on F1 97 on the Playstation that I could never win. :cry:

Yes Fisi and Ralf crashed into each other and Ralf took Second spot on the Podium too. :)
Of the tracks used since I've been watching, I'd have to say the Adelaide street circuit. It's an awesome track for a race and pretty good fun to race on in computer games (I'm an old Microprose Grand Prix 2 veteran). The old Hockenheim was much more of a unique event compared to the Tilke-fest it is now, and I think Monaco's not quite as tricky as it used to be when corners like St Devote, Tabac and Rasscasse were all totally enclosed by barriers and had less room for error.

As for older tracks I'd love to see Donington hold another race, especially because I live quite close, but although it only held non-championship races the one track I'd love to have back would be Oulton Park. Of all the places I've watched racing it's my favourite.
By 8-ball
i missed spa the most but now it is back i'm happy. I can't say i miss any circuits because i think the news ones are much better.
By kezza7
the old hockenheim, the new tilkeite (<is that a word? sounds good, i think it was in an f1 racing mag :) ) just isn't up to spec, but personally i despise most new f1 tracks, yes they have some good corners, only problem is, you go off track where do you end up? on a runoff area, which is still a road, yes its safer butsurely there has to be danger in f1, anyway i'll save that rant for another time.
By scotty
Donnington Park, only cause it's 10 miles away though!

Hey you live well close to me!Have you been to the Donnington museum? they have a JPS in there :lol:
Id have to choose either Montjuic or the Nordsheift(?Spelling not my good point)

Hey you live well close to me!Have you been to the Donnington museum? they have a JPS in there :lol:
Id have to choose either Montjuic or the Nordsheift(?Spelling not my good point)

Nordschleife
By VitorB
My old lost favourites...

Estoril, Portugal

it looks like Barcelona!

Estoril doesn't have nowadays the minimum F1 standards, unfortunately. Not even close.

See our F1 related articles too!