FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

For Formula One and Motorsport related videos and images.
Listen to Jackie Stewart slag off Lotus' 1988 car, no wonder Piquet failed to defend his Championship! :D

http://youtube.com/watch?v=5tI1eF1_LZs

There's also plenty of these videos of Jackie Stewart testing all sorts of racing cars including a 1989 Williams Renault FW12C, a 1988 March Judd, a 1987 Benetton Ford-Turbo and also the (sexual) TWR Silk-Cut Jaguar. Be warned about the last one though, there's a nasty surprise in that one!
Last edited by 7UpJordan on 19 Nov 07, 22:05, edited 1 time in total.
By texasmr2
AWESOME!!!!!!
By deMuRe
Very cool vid, thanks for that.
By McLaren Fan
I take it he didn't like the car, then? :)
By texasmr2
I respect Jackie for what he has achieved in motorsport's but I gotta say he think's VERY HIGHLY of himself and of his opinion. I have watched and heard alot of interview's and such over the past 25yr's from him yet I find in each and everyone there is more criticism than positive toward's the subject matter at hand?

Kinda like "Hey dad I got an A in math" and Jackie's reply would be " Well if you had tried harder it would have been a A+"! Anyone understand were I'm coming from?
By deMuRe
I respect Jackie for what he has achieved in motorsport's but I gotta say he think's VERY HIGHLY of himself and of his opinion. I have watched and heard alot of interview's and such over the past 25yr's from him yet I find in each and everyone there is more criticism than positive toward's the subject matter at hand?

Kinda like "Hey dad I got an A in math" and Jackie's reply would be " Well if you had tried harder it would have been a A+"! Anyone understand were I'm coming from?

Yes totally Texas, as I was watching the interview it reminded me of every time he's been on camera, he does like the sound of his own voice...

He does speak a lot of sense, and he was a very fast driver, but it's all a bit much listening to him talk...
By McLaren Fan
In my view Sir Jackie Stewart has earned the right to have his say. Without his efforts safety in motor racing would be in the dark ages. Also, he was not just fast, he was very clever and good at setting up a racing car. What he says is based on a wealth of skill, experience and common sense. Buy and large most of what he says is correct.
By texasmr2
Nobody is disputing his skill or what he has accomplished, the man is a racing legend and I take his comment's as fact, to me personaly he is a GOD :) !
I think I might have re-acted and commented to soon without analyzing his comment's more. His negativity is out of concern and his main goal is driver safety and wanting the car's to have proper cockpit design that allow's the driver a comfortable and user friendly work enviroment.

Incase your reading this Sir Jackie I still believe! :D
By 7UpJordan
At the end of the day... nobody's perfect, we all have flaws of some sort. :)

See our F1 related articles too!