FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Found a good site or want to plug your own? For regulars only.
By neil
Well I doubt if I will be around here very often, I have no idea who registered me, yes I pressed the button in the email I received out of curiousity. The Admin should be able to verify that my IP was not the original.
But since I have registered my story has been questioned and I find a member knows who I am, with that I've been called a troll. Draw your own conclusions. Nice to meet you all, good night.
Neil
btw I can't see this site going anywhere with those attitudes
By Selcouth_Feline
Darwin never called you a troll? Most of us have said hi....you shouldn't tar us all with the same brush y'know :) I think most people cross-read F1 forums so I don't find it surprising that darwin recognised some of the users on your site.

Anyway, I've always found this forum friendlier than most, buy anyway each to their own :)

- SF -
By darwin dali
Hey Neil, I don't get it: I've been supporting your theory about somebody signing you up here w/o your knowledge from the beginning. I speculated about the users on your site and also confirmed that username and password get sent to the registering email address, thus making it possible that somebody else has signed you up. And now this rather unfriendly response from you. I don't get it.
By neil
Well if you know who I am, then you are the prime suspect for registering me YES, and you haven't got the balls to tell me who you are.
And it can be proved, the administrater should know who initially used my email.
BTW I bet you were a just a sniper that contributed nothing to either site, did U register me ???
Stephen is it ? , your records should show what IP first registered before I clicked confirmation.
You tell me please, I don't like someone calling me a troll and when another member knows exactly who I am, very conveniant wouldn't you think.
I'll take ny leave gentlemen
By Selcouth_Feline
...and ladies :P

What's an IP going to show? That you logged in from more than one location....big deal! I login from home, work, on business trips, from my phone. You can spoof and IP, cloak your IP, login via a proxy....it shows nothing really.

Anyway, chill :) I don't think there's any conspiracy here. So someone else may have registered you...there are lots of people out there! Relax, take a seat and come join the banter :) We're really not that bad.....honest ;)
By darwin dali
Neil, you're paranoid and Selcouth Feline is absolutely right re. IP address - it doesn't prove anything! I did NOT sign you up. Just think about it: I know you too well and therefore would have known that such a move would not go down well with you. I was a very productive contributor at HofF1 and the two of us fought a couple of good spirited battles in those days. Mike P. told me that he thinks you're 'a good egg' (his words) and I agree. Still, I didn't accept his invitation to join your site he relayed to me from you, mainly because I saw some of the same abrasive characters from HofF1 had joined. I just don't have the time anymore to waste my energy on those clowns. Forumula1 is way more relaxed and laid back - kudos Stephen :) So, bottom line is I did NOT sign you up, but would find it cool if you'd stick around anyway 8)
dd4u
By Stephen
Nice post Darwin! :)

f1h, I haven't a clue who signed you up but you're more than welcome to hang around. :)

So Darwin do you know of anyone on another forum who would be interested in joining our forum? The more the merrier, lets just limit the number of Schumacher fans - ok schumi? :P
By neil
Neil, you're paranoid and Selcouth Feline is absolutely right re. IP address - it doesn't prove anything! I did NOT sign you up. Just think about it: I know you too well and therefore would have known that such a move would not go down well with you. I was a very productive contributor at HofF1 and the two of us fought a couple of good spirited battles in those days. Mike P. told me that he thinks you're 'a good egg' (his words) and I agree. Still, I didn't accept his invitation to join your site he relayed to me from you, mainly because I saw some of the same abrasive characters from HofF1 had joined. I just don't have the time anymore to waste my energy on those clowns. Forumula1 is way more relaxed and laid back - kudos Stephen :) So, bottom line is I did NOT sign you up, but would find it cool if you'd stick around anyway 8)
dd4u

My apologies dd4u, jeez what a small world. Mike said he was meeting up with you last I talked to him, he sent me a souviner program from the Watkins glen Indy race and I was quite chuft about that.
As for the abrasive character, well he's been gone for months and good riddance.
I aplogise to everyone else here as well, I got a bit hostile as I thought someone was taking the piss.
By darwin dali
Cool Neil, no problem.
Unfortunately, Mike and I had some communication problems - he had sent me a wrong cell phone number - and we didn't meet up this time around. But once I was able to hook up with him on the phone, he said he and Patty will be back at the Glen this Fall for the vintage race.
Hope to see you around here - we could use some more Aussie voices of reason :mrgreen:
By neil
...and ladies :P

What's an IP going to show? That you logged in from more than one location....big deal! I login from home, work, on business trips, from my phone. You can spoof and IP, cloak your IP, login via a proxy....it shows nothing really.

Anyway, chill :) I don't think there's any conspiracy here. So someone else may have registered you...there are lots of people out there! Relax, take a seat and come join the banter :) We're really not that bad.....honest ;)

It's OK dd4u andd I go way back ,and I'm sure he would not pull a stunt like this.
To answer you about IP addresses though, you can tell many things from the address e.g. the city and country of origin.
When I find out, I will let you know OK
Neil
By Selcouth_Feline
It's OK dd4u andd I go way back ,and I'm sure he would not pull a stunt like this.
To answer you about IP addresses though, you can tell many things from the address e.g. the city and country of origin.
When I find out, I will let you know OK
Neil

Well, stick around. Be nice to have you on board :)

Nah...I'm not doubting what you are saying about the sign up thing however IP addresses are easily spoofed/faked. And, if you're using a proxy, your IP will show up as wherever your proxy is, rather than where you are. Also, certain coutries also manage their IP ranges really badly so a "UK" IP is in fact French or whatever.

See our F1 related articles too!