FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Just as it says...
By certom
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/7095875.stm

damn, i've been in Canada two times, once in Vancouver and then in Montreal. I think it would be one of my favourite countries where to live, and also one of the most civilized... i think you have already watched this news, and i'd like to discuss it, because i can't explain why FIVE cops have killed ONE man with such a brutality.. i hardly get shocked, but this time I am!! :?
maybe there will never be a civilized police even in the most civilized country...
By texasmr2
They should have called for an interpreter and just locked him in that area until one arrived but they did not act inappropriately imo.
Last edited by texasmr2 on 15 Nov 07, 19:56, edited 1 time in total.
By vegas
This incident was at an airport, the security feared the worst terrorist scenario and took aggressive action.
By certom
one man after 12 hrs of travelling could have had bombed and airport?!?!
By vegas
Was he traveling from the East? I dont know, but in the heat of the moment not many think rationally like that. Just saying thats the most probable scenario that I saw.

Or they have been watching too much Cops over there.
By texasmr2
one man after 12 hrs of travelling could have had bombed and airport?!?!

Just like crook's keep getting smarter with way's around the law so do the terrorist. Another thing I would like to point out is that the man seem'd to be atleast in his 40's and should have controlled his frustration better. It's apparent he came very un-prepared since he spoke no english and should have atleast had someone write him a note to present to the airport personel upon arrival.

Oh and they dont have TV's and newspaper's in Poland or what?? He was old enough to have known that airport security, around the world, do not take lightly that kind of behavior after 9/11.

I think the situation could have been handled ALOT differently by the police. It is a very sad thing and my prayer's go out to his family.

See our F1 related articles too!