FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Celebrate over sixty years of F1 - your memories, experiences and opinions.
By darwin dali
That's what I was saying all along - you finally came around. :D
By bud
Mimicking the nose cone is one thing but the whole 96 ferrari package looks like the benetton no coincidence Ferrari pinched Benetton staff along with Schumacher for the 96 season.

what im trying to say is what McLaren have been penalised for has always happened in F1. Yes coughland had the dossier but they got penalised in reality for the email traffic between Fernando and Pedro and all they did was talk about Ferrari weight distribution.

Max has his agenda though or Vandetta if you will.
By 7UpJordan
Mimicking not stole, just as every other team began with the raised nose cone in the seasons after Tyrell and Benetton started the trend.

And also if you think about it, everybody's copied off March with today's nose, Adrian Newey originally came up with the raised nose concept on the 1988 March, then Ken Tyrrell and Harvey Postlethwaite raised the bar with the high nose and then when Benetton made it successful everybody started using high noses. Today though teams like Williams and BMW are using lower noses again.

Also...

Don't you think this car looks like it was originally white but then somebody left in the sun too long or decided to coat it with a tin of varnish? :P
By certom
I like this

:wink:
1995 Title winning Benetton

1995 dud Ferrari

then in 1996 check it

talk about stealing data :lol:

but......why not just keep ourselves to the title of the thread??? i know that this is classified as "sense of humor", and i am the first to laugh when there's the need for laughing but-damn!- always the same WAH WAH WAH!!!
Last edited by certom on 06 Nov 07, 22:38, edited 1 time in total.
By certom
mine are these...

and this just for the shark (or snake?!) head on the nose....soo cool!!
Last edited by certom on 06 Nov 07, 22:36, edited 1 time in total.
By certom
mine are these...

and this just for the shark (or snake?!) head on the nose....soo cool!!
By Ron Dennis
No, they 'stole' it without paying people for their knowledge :D

so stealing it is better than paying for stolen goods?
By manbearpig
I like the classicsImage
By onelapdown
http://www.hweitzmann.net/f1/1968voi-mclarenm7.jpg

now THAT'S a beautiful car. when i get my license i'll be making a beeline for whichever museum they have one of these in

That'd be Donington Park's Grand Prix collection - off the M1 at East Midlands Airport...
By bud

heres my faves :D
By piledriver
Thank you!. This is really a trip down memory lane. Brabham, Ligier, Lotus, Tyrrell. I wished those teams were still on the starting grid. Really nice :D:D
By certom

heres my faves :D

lol, why are there those scaring vultures in your siggy pic?! ;)
By bud
to scare you :P hehe

See our F1 related articles too!