FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

For Formula One and Motorsport related videos and images.
By scotty
Yep, F1 cars should have more power than grip, and not the other way round.

It's quite staggering to think of the amounts of power they managed to get out of a 1.5 litre engine as well!!
By certom
the BMW engine was the best but i cannot remember who used it...1.4 litres for 1000 HP, but in qualifing they reached the 1200 HP!!!!
By welshie
the BMW engine was the best but i cannot remember who used it...1.4 litres for 1000 HP, but in qualifing they reached the 1200 HP!!!!

They upped that to 1450bhp at one point. Being the first enging to have 1bhp for every cc in volume. now that is a sh!t load of power for such a small size!!
By texasmr2
Does anyone else remember the test Road & Track did on Teo Fabi's Benetton back in '86 or '87?

BMW M turbo engines did not only go to the Brabham Team. Rather, Arrows also used the M power machine from 1984 to 1986, just like ATS in 1983/84 and Ligier in 1987. In 1986 Gerhard Berger won the race in Mexico in a Benetton Formula 1, marking the last triumph of this turbocharged power unit. A year later Road and Track, the US car journal, demonstrated the supreme performance of the Benetton B 186 with Teo Fabi at the wheel: Powered by 900 bhp, Fabi's monoposto accelerated to 100 mph (160 km/h) in exactly 4.8 seconds. And Paul Rosche was confident that this four-cylinder was able to develop a lot more power in practice: "It must have been about 1,400 bhp, but we don't know the exact figure since our engine dynamometer didn't go beyond 1280 bhp."
By Ron Dennis
The turbo engine sounded shitty compared to the high revving scream of the NA engines.
By texasmr2
The turbo engine sounded shitty compared to the high revving scream of the NA engines.

Yah nothing compare's to the n/a's scream it's to bad a turbo muffle's the exhuast note to such an extent or they would have sounded just as sweet, oh well.
By texasmr2
^_^

Getting confused with yourself and certom. :?:wink:

We are team mate's, mate!! No really I missed that sorry everyone but I'm 'pissed ' at the moment LOL :oops::oops: .
By certom
"It must have been about 1,400 bhp, but we don't know the exact figure since our engine dynamometer didn't go beyond 1280 bhp."
[/quote]

:shock:

^_^

Getting confused with yourself and certom. :?:wink:

We are team mate's, mate!! No really I missed that sorry everyone but I'm 'pissed ' at the moment LOL :oops::oops: .

huh :?:
By texasmr2
huh :?:

I accidently had the same avatar pic as you for a moment.
By certom
oooh i see! no problem however!
By certom
mh, i found a little bit of acidity in your "Same here!"
what are you trying to say, fking irish drunk??

(hey mate before you ban me, i'm just joking!!! well, i'm trying to reach 1000 posts before bud, so i have to wirte anything stupid the comes across my mind :P)
By Irv the Swerve
mh, i found a little bit of acidity in your "Same here!"
what are you trying to say, fking irish drunk??

(hey mate before you ban me, i'm just joking!!! well, i'm trying to reach 1000 posts before bud, so i have to wirte anything stupid the comes across my mind :P)

That's a bit harsh mate, you fcuking Italian pasta eating scumbag... :cry::P

Watch out you! You have been warned! :P:D

See our F1 related articles too!