FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Introduce yourself, go on, don't be shy!
By Ron Dennis
Sorry people, this site has a lot of promise, but after three PM's to a moderator about inparitality and two beligerant replies, i find it is not for me.

I like what you are doing Stephen but when I get insults in PM from a moderator who cannot see how partisan his moderation is, and when he insults me claiming the full support of the moderations team, I feel I this is somewhere I dont want to be.

Enjoy the banter guys, hope your moderation improves

RD
By texasmr2
Hope your pasture's are greener somewhere else RD and your maturity level increase's while your there. Also I would be more than happy to disclose the PM's between us too EVERYONE so they can get an 'un-biased' opinion as too my ' inparitality EDIT: Impartiality and beligerance , partisan moderation and my 'insulting' claim of moderator support.

Gregg
By scotty
Good riddance, anyone who posts under the name 'Ron Dennis' and even has his face as an avatar is clearly a 'fool'.

(I didn't know this forum had language restrictions haha)
By texasmr2
Good riddance, anyone who posts under the name 'Ron Dennis' and even has his face as an avatar is clearly a 'fool'.

No reason to get involved or resort to calling name's ok. RD will be back as I firgure he still has a few thing's to say.

Without it we mod's as well as the admin would be spending all of our time 'deleting' stuff and believe me when I say it get's very old very fast ! :lol:
By scotty

No reason to get involved or resort to calling name's ok. RD will be back as I firgure he still has a few thing's to say.

Without it we mod's as well as the admin would be spending all of our time 'deleting' stuff and believe me when I say it get's very old very fast ! :lol:

yeah no worries, i wasn't trying to be especially malicious but these things tend to come across differently on the internet.
By texasmr2

yeah no worries, i wasn't trying to be especially malicious but these things tend to come across differently on the internet.

Yes they certainly do.
By scotty
haha...

In all honesty, if he's left this forum just cause someone said something he didn't like (which is what it essentially looks like from here), then that's sorta lame and deserves some sort of light abuse.

And there's no need to make a dramatic leaving speech and make a whole song and dance about leaving is there? Why do people feel the need to do that?

Anyway, that's all i have to say about that. Don't want to get in a fight with a mod now! :p
By texasmr2
haha...

In all honesty, if he's left this forum just cause someone said something he didn't like (which is what it essentially looks like from here), then that's sorta lame and deserves some sort of light abuse.

And there's no need to make a dramatic leaving speech and make a whole song and dance about leaving is there? Why do people feel the need to do that?

Anyway, that's all i have to say about that. Don't want to get in a fight with a mod now! :p
By Woodchip
I'm fairly new here, but have been on many forums before and that can firmly be marked down as a flounce.
By 737flier

Is this a typical post on this forum....

I sincerely hope not.

Surely a member should not be sanctioned because of their choice of username or Avatar.
By Woodchip

I sincerely hope not.

Surely a member should not be sanctioned because of their choice of username or Avatar.
Yeah. I mean who'd be daft enough to have a bouncing 737 that looks like "Jimbo". :D;)
By texasmr2

I sincerely hope not.

No this is not a typical post on this forum and it was addressed.
By Ron Dennis
Hope your pasture's are greener somewhere else RD and your maturity level increase's while your there. Also I would be more than happy to disclose the PM's between us too EVERYONE so they can get an 'un-biased' opinion as too my ' inparitality EDIT: Impartiality and beligerance , partisan moderation and my 'insulting' claim of moderator support.

Gregg

ME

I am sorry mate, but you deleted my posts and allowed the person who started the trollings posts to remain!

Where is the consistency?

Why allow him to insult me and leave his posts but delete mine when I reply to his posts?

This is indeed a very partisan way to moderate, I suspect you are new to forum moderation, but let me tell you, I have mod’ed several forums and have always kept my personal feelings out of the way I treat people. Allowing a Ferrari fan to troll just because you agree with him is surely against the site policy?

But even if you agree with what he says, you should follow your policy without bias.

You

RD,
Sorry you feel this way and sorry you have totally missed the point of the moderation of your post.
If you still feel you have been wronged I wholeheartedly suggest you discuss this matter with Stephen.

Gregg

Me

No i think it is something we can deal with between us, I don’t need to run off to tell tales.

All I am asking is if I respond to a troller in an aggressive way, maybe you should remove the trolling posts too!

You

I removed what I thought was the most meaningless post's and left the post's that I thought had less negativity and bias in their meaning. To tell tale's, I think not. Like I have said I am only human and make mistake's but that was not one of them.
This is also not my first shot at moderating a forum either, moderating is not rocket science, it's mostly about being mature and having an open mind without turning a thread into a 'bitching contest' which imho you did on a few occasion. Stephen and all of the other moderator's seem to agree with me pertaining to my action's.

Gregg

Me

yes - it is a Ferrari moderating team, I would expect no less

i hope you had fun posting my PM in the mod forum

HE was the instigator not I!!!!!

So whos post was the worst is meaningless. HE STARTED IT. And regardless of that, if you are going to remove bitching - remove it all.....not just bits of it you dont agree with - that is no rocket science either.

The guy is a troll, he makes trolling posts , but hes a ferrari fan so that is ok

loud and clear good bud, loud and clear

You

You know I am tired of talking to a 'brick wall' and that would be you! Dont expect another reply from me trying too look past your big ego and biased opinion. You seem to have 'authority issue's' and for that I will not appologize for.

I will leave this entire converstaion at this, continue on your current course, and there will be no discussion! You have brought your self-righteous bickering too me one to many time's.

Stephen is aware of this entire situation !

That is out 'spat' in PM for all to see (As you wanted)

I tried to be mature in PM, but you are incapable.

Gregg you really should reconsider your position in the moderating team, you do this site a major disservice. I notice you like to insult the posters on here, there are several on here today alone. All I asked for was impartial moderation, but maybe I should have asked for impartial moderation and the ability to NOT insult the members!
By bud
hmm what was the "troller" writing about Ron?

See our F1 related articles too!