FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Just as it says...
By McLaren Fan
I would like to see him back if he could produce his speed far more. Occasioanlly, he produced some wonderful drives and when he is on form, not even the very best can beat him. However, for most races he was nothing special and was involved in some clumsy happenings. I was really looking forward to him coming to McLaren, however, I was left with the feeling of having witnessed an anti-climax.
By supeindesu
He was a strong driver who don't want to see again RD's face.
By McLaren Fan
He was a strong driver who don't want to see again RD's face.

It's okay. If I were Dennis, I wouldn't be too fussed about not seeing Montoya either. :lol:
By Flyer23
Montoya was one of the best racers to have ever driven in F1. He isa PURE RACER. Not a robot. That was his falling out at McLaren. I would love to see him back in F1 as I would start to watch F1 again. After this season though i can read court papers to find out the results.....
By McLaren Fan
Montoya was one of the best racers to have ever driven in F1. He isa PURE RACER. Not a robot. That was his falling out at McLaren. I would love to see him back in F1 as I would start to watch F1 again. After this season though i can read court papers to find out the results.....

A pure racer, yes, but only several times a season. To be a champion and, ergo, hold down a place in a top team, you need to be consistently very good.
By welshie
I love montoya, don't get me wrong I also wanna slap him! But he was entertaining if noting else.

Saying that this year has been the most entertaining I can remember, so we prob don't need any more :P
By 8-ball
i don't miss him in the slightest
By cap-dude
i never saw him race and i still want to see him back.

Why on earth did he not just go to another team
By Ruby
i never saw him race and i still want to see him back.

I only saw his last 2 seasons myself capdude but he was highly entertaining, moments of genius interspersed with really stupid mistakes - made for an interesting race :)
By Flyer23
I often wonder what turns his carrer would have made if Verstappen did not crash into him in Brazil. Perhaps that would have been the catylist that would have put him in that consistant group to fight for the title. When he was in CARt he dominated the year he won the title. Just goes to show that in F1 the car is more important than the driver.
By Irv the Swerve
I often wonder what turns his carrer would have made if Verstappen did not crash into him in Brazil. Perhaps that would have been the catylist that would have put him in that consistant group to fight for the title. When he was in CARt he dominated the year he won the title. Just goes to show that in F1 the car is more important than the driver.

It was Bernoldi. :wink:

He brought a little extra spice to F1 and was having some great battles with MSC over the years, still he isn't doing a bad job in NASCAR.
By Flyer23
From my memory, which is old, but not SHOT I remember it was Verstappen and upon checking the Official F1 web site for the results here is what I found....

Ret 6 Juan Pablo Montoya Williams-BMW 38 Collision 4
Ret 14 Jos Verstappen Arrows-Asiatech 37 Collision 17

Notice lap 37 and 38 ? That is becasue Verstappen was just lapped half a straight before he ran into the back of Montoya.

Yes he is doing a decent job in NASCAR and I hope he will improve next year, the problem as I see it is that Ganassi is just a few small steps behind the consistant front running teams. Maybe next year they will improve to join those teams and give Montoya a chance to win every week.....
By Irv the Swerve
Apologies Flyer23, I could have sworn it was Bernoldi. Well he did get into a lot of crashes... :P

With David Stremme and Reed Sorenson, he is the so called "leader" of the team, and its true that Ganassi aren't the most victorious team on the track.

But they only way is up for Monto.

See our F1 related articles too!