Prost
1%
Schumacher
33%
Mansell
6%
Fangio
9%
tex buddy it was henry manny the 3rd. check out the lime rock post. burt.

Ah your right and those were fantastic articles, they made my day getting an insider's perspective. :yes:
Fangio had 23 Fastest laps out of 51 starts.
Senna had 19 fastest laps out 161 starts.
Prost had 41 fastest laps out of 199 starts.
Mansell had 30 out of 187.
Schumacher had 76 out of 248.

However, Senna had the most poles.

My vote, though, goes to Fangio. :)
Fangio was famous for only going as fast as he needed to so I don't really consider him one of the super fast drivers. Ascari was faster round the old Fiorano test track although the circuit record was held by one of the mechanics!
Fangio was famous for only going as fast as he needed to so I don't really consider him one of the super fast drivers. Ascari was faster round the old Fiorano test track although the circuit record was held by one of the mechanics!

I must admit it's over 40 years before my time. :rolleyes::hehe:

I must admit it's over 40 years before my time. :rolleyes::hehe:

We wont hold that against you either :D !
Fangio was famous for only going as fast as he needed to so I don't really consider him one of the super fast drivers.

You know, as great of driver as Fangio was, I kinda take away from him the fact that whenever his car broke down he just took over his teammates' car. I'm pretty sure Prost, Senna, Schumi, etc. would've had more titles if they just jumped into their teammates' car. Thats off-topic, I know, but I'm just wondering if anybody else thinks the same.
Fangio was famous for only going as fast as he needed to so I don't really consider him one of the super fast drivers.

You know, as great of driver as Fangio was, I kinda take away from him the fact that whenever his car broke down he just took over his teammates' car. I'm pretty sure Prost, Senna, Schumi, etc. would've had more titles if they just jumped into their teammates' car. Thats off-topic, I know, but I'm just wondering if anybody else thinks the same.

True.

I think it's interesting that Prost has got only one next to his name. :wink:

Many people don't like him, only because Senna has all hit a soft spot in our hearts. And that's only 'cos he died. And if you liked Senna, you got to hate Prost.

But both were good drivers. Prost had more results, and Senna got a high percentage of pole positions. Which means he was fastest in qually. (Like duh.) Shame Senna failed to convert all of those.

Once again, Senna is before my time. He died when I was 3.
Many people don't like him, only because Senna has all hit a soft spot in our hearts. And that's only 'cos he died. And if you liked Senna, you got to hate Prost.

What? I like Senna and I dont hate Prost, both of them are in my 'favorite' drivers group. I was only 3 at the time of his death too, but I still read about him and watch the races from that time.
By Jamie
WOW, WOW, WOW!

Were British! Were Is Graham Hill? The only man to win the triple crown of motor sport?
Graham hill was not that fast in comparison to Clark, Stewart, Moss or Mansel. He wasn't even that quick compared to a lot of his contemporaries who never won the WDC like Pedro Rodriguez, Dan Gurney, Francois Cevert, Jacky Ickx. Clark, Stewart, Moss and Mansel are the only Brits who should really be on the list but then it's not exactly a comprehensive list

If I was doing a poll with the 5 fastest F1 drivers of all time, it would involve:

Schumacher
Senna
Bellof
Villenueve
Peterson

with Rindt, Raikkonen, Clark, Gurney, Moss, Stewart, Ascari and Fangio as notable mentions
...Senna has all hit a soft spot in our hearts. And that's only 'cos he died.

Wrong.

And if you liked Senna, you got to hate Prost.

Not necessarily.

Senna is before my time. He died when I was 3.

Okay, so why make the aforementioned assertions?
...Senna has all hit a soft spot in our hearts. And that's only 'cos he died.

Wrong.

And if you liked Senna, you got to hate Prost.

Not necessarily.

Senna is before my time. He died when I was 3.

Okay, so why make the aforementioned assertions?

Precisely Chris, I have not heard such utter bollocks from someone who knows squat about Aryton in ages and I hope I dont again for a long long time. :rolleyes:
By Jamie
Graham hill was not that fast in comparison to Clark, Stewart, Moss or Mansel. He wasn't even that quick compared to a lot of his contemporaries who never won the WDC like Pedro Rodriguez, Dan Gurney, Francois Cevert, Jacky Ickx. Clark, Stewart, Moss and Mansel are the only Brits who should really be on the list but then it's not exactly a comprehensive list

If I was doing a poll with the 5 fastest F1 drivers of all time, it would involve:

Schumacher
Senna
Bellof
Villenueve
Peterson

with Rindt, Raikkonen, Clark, Gurney, Moss, Stewart, Ascari and Fangio as notable mentions

:bs:
he is the only man to win the triple crown on Motor Sport! so he has to be fast enough to win that :censored:

Schumacher
Senna
Bellof
Villenueve
Peterson

:bs:
he is the only man to win the triple crown on Motor Sport! so he has to be fast enough to win that :censored:

What you meant to say was ' I disagree as he was the only F1 racer to win the triple crown of Motorsports. :wink:

See our F1 related articles too!