Prost
1%
Schumacher
33%
Mansell
6%
Fangio
9%
Well I don't take nicely to the random outburst. Especially from a mod, I sure wouldn't question anyone's knowledge or integrity.

First off let me apologize that I offended your delicate ego, get over it. :wink:
Secondly pulling the 'mod' escape is ludicrious as I'm a FAN first and a 'mod' second. Thirdly I'm am not questioning anyone's 'knowledge or integrity' as you have no more than I do.
By EwanM
Mika Hakkinen was handy to.

Agreed. :yes:

Hakkinen raced for the same team as Senna in the British Formula Three Championship. sausage Bennetts, the boss of West Surrey Racing, said that Hakkinen was equally as fast as Senna (although he also said that Hakkinen perhaps couldn't set the cars up as well in his younger days). Hakkinen is a great guy and stuck with McLaren in the teams dark days. His ability merited at least another title and more race wins, but two titles and twenty victories are better than none - which is what he could have ended up with had McLaren and Mercedes not have got it together for a couple of years.

Deff. Mika's heart was always in the right place. He gave his all to the team, even in the dark mid-90. Nearly his life to :(
By EwanM
Well I don't take nicely to the random outburst. Especially from a mod, I sure wouldn't question anyone's knowledge or integrity.

First off let me apologize that I offended your delicate ego, get over it. :wink:
Secondly pulling the 'mod' escape is ludicrious as I'm a FAN first and a 'mod' second. Thirdly I'm am not questioning anyone's 'knowledge or integrity' as you have no more than I do.

Im not even going to bother.
Mika Hakkinen was handy to.

Agreed. :yes:

Hakkinen raced for the same team as Senna in the British Formula Three Championship. D ick Bennetts, the boss of West Surrey Racing, said that Hakkinen was equally as fast as Senna (although he also said that Hakkinen perhaps couldn't set the cars up as well in his younger days). Hakkinen is a great guy and stuck with McLaren in the teams dark days. His ability merited at least another title and more race wins, but two titles and twenty victories are better than none - which is what he could have ended up with had McLaren and Mercedes not have got it together for a couple of years.

Of all the F1 drivers I've watched race in my time, Mika Hakkinen was the fastest. His battles with Schumacher were astounding, although people who watched the Mansell, Prost, Piquet and Senna battles will probably claim that they were far more intense - and they probably were, but I can't comment because I never saw any of those four drive a car. :)

In terms of raw speed, Juan Pablo Montoya was also something special, but to call him a 'fast driver' in the sense that we're talking here? Not entirely sure, because he lacked the necessary qualities that Hakkinen, Schumacher, Alonso etc. have shown since I started following the sport.
By Rob-F1
I voted for that german bloke who won a couple of races from time to time... what was his name again?
if you want the fastest F1 driver,then it has to be ronnie peterson, as anyone who saw him would tell you. the picture of him in the jps 72 at the old woodcote corner at the daily express race, full opposite lock, foot planted, when it started to snow, said it all :thumbup:
By scotty
I voted for that german bloke who won a couple of races from time to time... what was his name again?

Frentzen? You've got to be having a laugh mate.

And if it was Ralf, you'd have to be laughing even harder. :P
By scotty

And if it was Ralf, you'd have to be laughing even harder. :P

I was gonna say him but i thought it might have been to obvious a joke given how everyone thinks he was crap anyway... :P:hehe:
By welshie
Well, last year(or was it the year before?) some driver whos name escapes me drove a Honda to 400 km/h at Bonneville. That's the fastest.

YEAHHHH Button is the fastest of all time!! :thumbup:
Out of those, Senna.
Senna, Bellof, Gilles would be hard to choose between for me. Also I don't recall an occasion when Senna was demonstrably faster than Schumacher but then that's the great tragedy of his dying when he did, there is no real way to tell who would have emerged on top out of those two. My instinct is that Senna was a hair faster...
Out of those, Senna.
Senna, Bellof, Gilles would be hard to choose between for me. Also I don't recall an occasion when Senna was demonstrably faster than Schumacher but then that's the great tragedy of his dying when he did, there is no real way to tell who would have emerged on top out of those two. My instinct is that Senna was a hair faster...

Senna out-qualifying Schumacher three times out of three at the beginning of the 1994 season in a slower, less driver-friendly car is not a bad piece of evidence that Senna was the faster of the two.
Out of those, Senna.

Senna out-qualifying Schumacher three times out of three at the beginning of the 1994 season in a slower, less driver-friendly car is not a bad piece of evidence that Senna was the faster of the two.

I wouldn't say the FW16 was slower, it was fast, but the Benetton was illegally faster with the traction control on it. Even with this Verstappen and Lehto were battling more or less with Saubers, Ligiers and other midfeld runners.

See our F1 related articles too!