0%
Russell
No votes
0%
Other
No votes
0%
Who was best comrades?
I'm going to give it to Sainz, Verstappen did well, but he was fortunate with the rain and the team decision to switch to Intermediates at the right time. I would have loved to give it to Norris, but that lack of experience, staying out when conditions were worsening cost him the driver of the day and the race win, IMO.
Gave it to Verstappen. Last to 2nd place is pretty good.
I give this to a Lando. I think he best young driver in grid. He stand off the pressure of Hamilton chasing for longtime. Yes. Should have gone in at rain time but team said rain would get no worse. If rain get no worse he’d be okay. Mercedes tell LEWIS it gets worse, so he comes in.
Max did good race, specially first part then he fade. Only got second cos of opportune tyre change to inter at end. He gain, Lando lose , they swap around the place.
Angel wrote: 26 Sep 21, 23:33 I give this to a Lando. I think he best young driver in grid. He stand off the pressure of Hamilton chasing for longtime. Yes. Should have gone in at rain time but team said rain would get no worse. If rain get no worse he’d be okay. Mercedes tell LEWIS it gets worse, so he comes in.
Max did good race, specially first part then he fade. Only got second cos of opportune tyre change to inter at end. He gain, Lando lose , they swap around the place.
Why do you call MV's tire change opportune, but LH's not? LH only won b/c of an opportune tire change. MV got second because he drove the wheels off coming from dead last on the grid.
:banghead::rolleyes::banghead:
Call it that cos moves him from 7th to 2nd. LEWIS also pick a good time , I agree, but only move him up one place and because of error from Lando team.
Without move in last few laps to 2nd place, drive to 7th not so spectacular. Even Bottas manage last to 3rd at Monza.
Lando is one of the best drivers on the grid period.

Top three Lando, Russell, Verstappen.
Angel wrote: 26 Sep 21, 23:45 Call it that cos moves him from 7th to 2nd. LEWIS also pick a good time , I agree, but only move him up one place and because of error from Lando team.
Without move in last few laps to 2nd place, drive to 7th not so spectacular. Even Bottas manage last to 3rd at Monza.
Not a fair comparison, Max had to battle from the back, burning up his tires to pass other drivers to get to that position, while Lewis started fourth before dropping back to sixth, and was fortunate to benefit from some slow pitstops for others, to gain a few places. Bottom line, both drivers benefitted from the right call to fit intermediate tires.

Where did Bottas finish in Sochi, after starting four places ahead of Verstappen? Monza is an easier track to overtake on between the slipstream and DRS, in a car that is currently the fastest on the grid, it's not comparable.

See our F1 related articles too!