FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Discuss GP2, A1, Rallying, Indycar, Nascar and all other racing series!
Last week Dario Franchitti and Dan Wheldon touched while racing, sending Dario's car flying through the air.

This week Dario has done it AGAIN, but this time after the chequered flag . . . muppet! :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oK1VzL_n3ms
By darwin dali
I just hope he'll never make it to F1 - we don't need that kind of flying scotsman :roll:
By madbrad
Mmm Ashley Judd.
By darwin dali
not good enough reason, sorry pal...
By darwin dali
if it was Charlize or Angelina, now THAT would be somtin' else :D
By madbrad
yeah, Charleze knock my socks off for sure! Especially in that AEon Flux getup!
By madbrad
Thanks alot DD, now you owe me a new keyboard!
By darwin dali
How so? Describe what happened and with whom :twisted:
Or maybe I don't want to know...you naughty Canadian from Peckering! :mrgreen:
By bud
I just hope he'll never make it to F1 - we don't need that kind of flying scotsman :roll:

Pff he is Italian!
By darwin dali
Dario Franchitti (b. 19 May 1973 in Bathgate, West Lothian) is a Scottish racing driver of Italian descent.
By bud
I know he was born in Scotland Mr PHD but im sure he will be having pasta over haggis for dinner, and sure as hell wouldnt wear a kilt! so how Scottish is he?
he has no Scottish blood!
By darwin dali
So, according to your logic, Jean Alesi would be Italian, rather than French? You're weird...
By bud
im weird? come say that to all the "Australians" of Italian descent who go on and on about being Italian go for Italy over Australia in world sports\, only have Italian customs etc etc etc
being a nationality is more than just being born in the borders of that country!
By darwin dali
If you grow up in a country spending your childhood there, you're very likely to develop some sort of national identity with that country - see Jean Alesi (with no French blood). So, how much was DF exposed to Scottish rather than Italian national identity while growing up in Scotland?

Franchitti began his racing career in karts, winning the Scottish Junior Championship in 1984, the British Junior Championships in 1985 and 1986 and the Scottish senior title in 1988. He progressed to Formula Vauxhall Junior where he won the championship with four victories in 1991.

He moved up to Formula Vauxhall Lotus in 1992, where he joined Paul Stewart Racing. In his first year, he finished 4th in the overall championship, and was named the McLaren/Autosport Young Driver of the Year. Staying with the team for the next season, he won the championship in 1993.

He graduated to the British Formula Three Championship in 1994, where he finished fourth and won one race in his first year. However, he was not retained for 1995 and this was his final year in single-seaters in Europe.

See our F1 related articles too!