FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
By gdh
If merger proceeds will the one company will run 3 F1 teams? They could then share everything other than paint/wrap to keep costs down significantly. With 6 cars on track each one could be fitted with different potential upgrades to see how each would react then start combining ones that work together the best. I’m sure that the other teams would love this scenario.
Huh? The merger talks between FIAT and Renault got tabled in June - currently there’s a proposal of a FIAT - Peugeot merger being discussed...
By gdh
Bloomberg TV news mentioned PSA merger is possible as well and that the FCA Bd would look further pursuing one or the other. I was surprised that Renault was being considered again as all the talk last July and August was a PSA merger as supposedly it made more sense. Hopefully once the mkts close we should hear more. PSA has Peugeot, Citroen, DS, Opel, and Vauxhall brands, none that would have much N.Am. sales potential but would open up Europe more to Dodge trucks and Jeep.

An FCA/Renault-Nissan merger would be more interesting from an F1 perspective and the reaction of Merc, RB. I could see Williams giving up and becoming a jr team to Merc by 2020 if the merger were to occur.

Fun stuff to think about given the boredom of this current F1 season. It is telling that the busiest online forum (other than magazine) that I see these days is on a music forum. Even the Corvette forum F1 discussions have nearly dried up. Hopefully the rules changes will bring back a lot of the missing race excitement with no one team domination whether that be RB, Merc, Ferrari.
By gdh
FCA / PSA merger it is.

“Fiat Chrysler and PSA announced their merger. After their boards approved the union on Wednesday, the two carmakers made the deal official early today. It creates the world’s fourth-largest carmaker, with a market value of more than €45 billion ($50 billion)”. Would have loved to see FCA & Renault - Nissan.
By gdh
Braun saying that the 2021 cars might be 3.5 seconds slower maybe Peugeot F1 can run this year’s William and be almost mid tier competitive out the gate first yr.

See our F1 related articles too!