FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
By overboost

By overboost

Last edited by overboost on 25 Aug 18, 02:49, edited 1 time in total.
By overboost
Thanks!
By overboost
Hulkenberg and Bottas to start at the back of the grid due to engine change penalties.
By myownalias
Did Ferrari screw Raikkonen, by not having him on track at the end of the session? or was it a tactical mistake by Ferrari?

Either way, Ferrari shot themselves in the foot, resulting in Raikkonen starting well down on where he could have, he might have even beaten Vettel!
By overboost
They are saying that in the confusion when the rain started that Raikkonen was not fueled properly and ran out of fuel while Vettel supposedly ran out of battery in Q3.

Raikkonen was on the front row. Dumb asses.
By overboost
By myownalias
Ferrari's, let's say miscalculation in qualify, really came back to bite them in the bottom, if Raikkonen was out on track in the last 3 minutes to qualifying 3, he would have more than like have been on row 1 or 2 and well clear of the carnage caused by Hulkenberg at La Source, same goes for Daniel Ricciardo as well. It feels like Ferrari are sabotaging themselves, once again!

Overall, a fairly dull race, only highlights were the crashes and Bottas and Verstappen making things interesting!
By sagi58
It's always something with Kimi, eh?
Guy has horrible luck on track!

Here's hoping he wins at Monza...
sorry Vettel; but, the guy deserves it!!
By sagi58
Gotta say, this was a good race...
So very happy for Vettel... so very sad for Kimi!!

My favourite pass was executed on the first lap,
after that, everything was just peachy...
By sagi58
And, in spite of setting myself up to be called immature...
What's with these announcers? Why is it that anything some drivers do deserves OVER THE TOP superlatives;
but, let Vettel pull off a great pass, on the first lap WITHOUT DRS and the justifications, explanations, excuses are all about a slip stream??

Give it up, already!!
By sagi58
Super post!

Great Photos, WOW

Totally agree!! overboost, you outdid yourself, this time!!
Can't wait to see Monza's build-up!!
By overboost
And, in spite of setting myself up to be called immature...
What's with these announcers? Why is it that anything some drivers do deserves OVER THE TOP superlatives;
but, let Vettel pull off a great pass, on the first lap WITHOUT DRS and the justifications, explanations, excuses are all about a slip stream??

Give it up, already!!

I really enjoyed the Horner after race interview. Horner referenced Hamiltons whining and said "Hearing Lewis moaning about the Ferrari, I almost got my violin out".

When he said it I thought those German team supporting, Brit Sky broadcast guys were going to choke on their microphones! Horner was bang on especially after 4 years of Lewis having a 2 second advantage and seeing Hamilton crumble today as soon as Ferrari gets a bit competitive. He blew the start almost having Vettel pass and almost two FI's get past, blowing the restart by locking up and then during the race cooking his tires forcing an early pitstop. Violins indeed.
Last edited by overboost on 27 Aug 18, 01:53, edited 2 times in total.

See our F1 related articles too!