FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
By overboost

Last edited by overboost on 06 Jul 18, 14:22, edited 3 times in total.
By overboost
QEll: "I approve these tires for the motor race on Sunday."

Last edited by overboost on 06 Jul 18, 15:01, edited 2 times in total.
By overboost

By overboost
Hamilton on pole in England. It will be hard to beat him tomorrow at home and with the 'special Merc spec Pirellis'. It is forecast to be very hot there tomorrow, 30C, though which could throw a wrench into the tire life and strategies.

By overboost
Hamilton pole lap - exceeding track limits.

By overboost
Qually top speeds:

By overboost
Didn't everybody do that?

Only Hamilton is on pole!

No one has bothered to post pictures of the others.
By darwin dali
Well, if you disallow his pole lap time on the grounds of exceeding track limits, then most everybody else's times would have to be scrutinized and subsequently disallowed...
By darwin dali
BTW: I don't understand why they provide that much 'green curb' - they should only have a narrow strip that if used to the fullest would still make sure the right side of the car stays within the track limits. If they go over the narrow green, they should then have to face an agricultural excursion into the gravel. :yes:
By darwin dali
SV: "Ta ta ta ta ta ta - yes! Grazie ragazzi, qui a casa loro, ha ha ha ha ha ha! Grazie, grazie mille!"
By sagi58
Sometimes it's just best to hum a tune...
This one comes readily to mind...

By sagi58
Classy comments from a classy guy (Arrivabene) in a classy organization (Ferrari)...
((clarified, as there will be those who will have their own bias...))

Staff  wrote:">Hamilton backtracks while Ferrari boss attacks Mercedes

...On Sunday, Mercedes team chief Toto Wolff said: "In James Allison's words 'do you think it is deliberate or incompetence?' so this leaves us with a judgement."

Arrivabene was livid as he responded on Monday.

"I came here to clarify, if he actually said something like that," said Arrivabene, speaking to Sky Italia about Allison, who left Ferrari in mid-2016 and joined Mercedes in 2017.

"I mean, he should be ashamed of himself, because he worked many years in Maranello, he took quite a bit of money from Maranello, as well...

"Today, he's doing his job. You have to be elegant and know how to lose. We are here in England. Sometimes, they want to teach us how to be gentlemen. He should start first.

- Bad start -

"Really, this annoyed me so much. Also incompetent...Who? Kimi? Who's he to judge what a driver is doing in the car?

"I can accept it from Jacques [Villeneuve, Sky Italia pundit] because he's been a driver, but that person? No."

Arrivabene suggested Allison should not blame others for his team's disappointment in front of a raucous 140,000 crowd.

"First of all, he should look at the telemetry and understand that his driver, unfortunately for himself, had a bad start...

"So, having a bad start, he immediately lost two positions. Kimi had a good start. We have the telemetry data, so he found himself immediately on top of Hamilton.

"And I want to remind everyone that, in China, we had a situation between Vettel and Verstappen and nobody said anything. All fine!

"But, I mean... I want to give them a message -- it's been a beautiful battle, a battle that I think the audience appreciated.

"There will be other battles, where most likely Mercedes will win, but this is a lesson for us to stay classy -- a thing that they haven't done today."

Meanwhile, Hamilton who missed a chance of a sixth straight victory in his home race sent a message to his fans.

"Thank you for loving me for being me with all my flaws. I know I'm not perfect," he wrote.

"Accepting who you are, and loving yourself, are so important. Go be great today and be you and give zero fcks to what anybody thinks.”

And, of course, Hamilton stirs the pot then says "all's well in the world"... :rolleyes:

See our F1 related articles too!