FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
By ActionJackson
Not much in evidence in Azerbaijan.

As a racer I saw them fighting and slowing each other down. Very counter productive.

In Spec Racer ford racer I note that our cars draft as well as F1 but at a slower speed obviously. When I've broken away in the lead or second with one other car, we draft down the straights cooperatively, helping each other with the draft. It's pretty easy to take a full second off lap time over 2 1/2 miles.

We pull out a gap and then the gloves come off in the last five minutes, but by then we have such a gap that it's a "two horse race".

I Ricciardo and Verstapen has cooperated instead of battling they could have closed the gap to the cars ahead.

To my mind there was a clear second move by Max in reaction to Dan. Daniel has every right to be miffed. He is too much of a gentleman and team player to state the obvious.

ActionJackson
By myownalias
I agree that it is counter-productive to be battling for 4th and 5th, slowing each other down, the SKY commentators made reference to that several times.

That's said, I enjoyed the battle, the race would have been much duller if it weren't for the Red Bull duking it out!
By ActionJackson
I have to admit it was fun to watch and the skill level of both drivers was incredible. Pity they were so slow clearing the track. We missed some good racing. It was great to watch a race where there is actual passing.

Action
By sagi58
Thanks for your perspective, Action J!! Very cool to have a racer, here to give us that point of view!

As for teams/team orders, I get it... you want good racing... you want the best results possible;
but, losing out on BOTH driver and constructor points is NOT worth the risk.
That may not be a popular view, that may be my own bias because Ferrari does have that
philosophy; but, in the end, there is NO "I" in team, eh?

Besides, if the team is the "bad guy", I would imagine you'd have less acrimony between your drivers, no?

See our F1 related articles too!