FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
By ibsey
Are Haas and Ferrari using the same wheel guns and release systems?

Good question.

I think we see too many incidents at pitstops. Not just mechanics being injured by wheels coming off cars causing their retirements. MIght it just be better if they made min pitstop time like in Formula E?

BTW great drive by Vettel and Gasy
By darwin dali

Good question.

I think we see too many incidents at pitstops. Not just mechanics being injured by wheels coming off cars causing their retirements. MIght it just be better if they made min pitstop time like in Formula E?

BTW great drive by Vettel and Gasy

Nah, it's a differentiator between teams, so don't take that away. If they screw up, then their team performance wasn't good and the result will show that.
By ibsey
I guess I'm fed up with Kimi being out of the race because of it ;-)
By overboost
Mechanic has a broken leg. Not a good day for him at all.
By overboost
Excellent job by Vettel, winning on tires that were worn out 10 laps from the end.
By overboost

Last edited by overboost on 09 Apr 18, 00:08, edited 2 times in total.
By overboost
Scuderia Ferrari

Verified account

@ScuderiaFerrari
Follow Follow @ScuderiaFerrari
More
Apparently a shinbone and fibula fracture, our thoughts are with Francesco, stay strong #BahrainGP

https://twitter.com/ScuderiaFerrari/sta ... 7587007488

Last edited by overboost on 09 Apr 18, 00:47, edited 1 time in total.
By sagi58
I guess I'm fed up with Kimi being out of the race because of it ;-)

Me, tooooooooo!!!
He can't catch a break!! :confused:
By sagi58
Mechanic has a broken leg. Not a good day for him at all.

Terrible way to start the season! :( I wish him a speedy recovery!! :thumbup:

Any news on why that wheel didn't come off?
By sagi58
NOT to minimize the extent of his injuries; but, it could have been worse!!
I'm sure he'll be well taken care of by Ferrari!!
By overboost
Ferrari fined €50,000 for Raikkonen pit error which injured mechanic

2018 Bahrain Grand PrixPosted on | 8th April 2018, 20:34Dieter Rencken / Author Keith Collantine
Ferrari has been fined €50,000 for releasing Kimi Raikkonen’s car in an unsafe condition in the pits.

One of the team’s mechanics was injured in the incident, which also led to Raikkonen’s retirement from the race.

“The stewards reviewed the video of the pit stop of Raikkonen at 19:10 and heard from the team representatives,” they noted. “The stewards determined that the car was released unsafely in breach of Art. 28.13 a). The team released the car in a manner endangering team personnel and causing injury.”

https://www.racefans.net/2018/04/08/fer ... -mechanic/
By overboost
HAMILTON: VERSTAPPEN MOVE UNNECESSARY AND DISRESPECTFUL
8 April, 2018

Lewis Hamilton was not happy with Max Verstappen after the pair banged wheels as the field powered into Turn 1 at Sakhir circuit on the opening lap of the Bahrain Grand Prix.

It was riveting stuff as the pair went side-by-side (as if glued) through the Turn 1 complex with Verstappen emerging out of the corner, from 15th place on the grid, ahead of Hamilton who had started from ninth.

As Verstappen ran wide exiting the corner, the Red Bull’s rear left tyre caught the front wing of the Mercedes which had run out of room. The result was an instant puncture as well as race over for the Dutchman and a close escape for Hamilton who was fortunate not to incur damage to his Mercedes. He went on to finish third.

After the race the four times F1 World Champion was not happy with what took place, “It was an unnecessary collision. There needs to be a certain respect between drivers. It didn’t feel that respectful. It was a silly manoeuvre from him because he didn’t finish the race.”

He ran me out of road, which I felt at the time was just unnecessary. He was past. I couldn’t get by. There was no need to push by. It was frustrating because it could have been me out of the race and it ended his race and there was not much I could do to avoid him,” lamented the Mercedes driver.

https://www.grandprix247.com/2018/04/08 ... espectful/

The bolded above part is just a bit too much to take. Hamilton showed on numerous occasions against his own teammate Rosberg no less that he would routinely run other cars out of road. How on earth can he expect others to 'respect' him when he is the worst offender?
By CYNIC

Good question.

They're using the same everything else :eek:
By John Doe
Probably it was Vettel's chance that Raikkonen's pit disaster happened. Otherwise he would likely go into pit in next few laps and would have missed the 1st (and probably 2nd) place.

Verstappen's run on to Hamilton was really unnecessary.

Anyway this or that way, looks like again Hamilton will be the champion.

See our F1 related articles too!