FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
By sagi58
And, it continues... in the fourth shot, Verstappen's wheels seem to be "cradling" Kimi's read tire...
Vettel? Still has room, as his wheels seem to be clear of Verstappen's!!

Fourth shot...
4 - fourth shot.JPG

by this fifth frame, Vettel's rear tires look like they are ahead of Verstappen's front tires...

Fifth shot...
5 - fifth shot.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
By sagi58
In this sixth frame, is where Verstappen's front wheel makes contact with Kimi's rear tire,
sending him into spin...

Sixth shot...

6 - sixth shot.JPG

... and Kimi spins into Vettel

Seventh shot...

7 - seventh shot.JPG

Take a look at the bottom of each picture, you'll notice the time span is ONE second.
That's all it took for the titles to be decided. Thanks to a young hothead that seems
not to take responsibility for his actions, blaming experienced drivers instead.

That may not be the popular consensus; but, it is what it is!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
By overboost
^ To sum up what happened at Singapore, Maxie ran into Kimi.
By sagi58
^ To sum up what happened at Singapore, Maxie ran into Kimi.

And, NOT because Vettel pushed him into doing it!!
By overboost
Vettel might have scared him into making his mistake.
By overboost
Yeah, Lollobrigida simply gone - poof!

:rofl:

Poverina!!

I think Vettel's Gina has a Mad Max sort of look in that pic.
By sagi58
Yeah, Lollobrigida simply gone - poof!

:rofl:

Poverina!!

I think Vettel's Gina has a Mad Max sort of look in that pic.

Mad Max Verstappen, ya mean?? :thumbup:
By myownalias
We can take screenshots of various parts of the clip to support our positions, look here, a few frames later and we see this; which shows Vettel clearly squeezing Verstappen into Raikkonen.

vettel-verstappen-raikkonen-crash-singapore-2017.jpg
By Hamezi
Yep!

Stand by my original post. Great pity it happened though. I guess we could argue over blame but I believe Vettel definitely contributed to his own DNF
By overboost
Verstappen has a responsibility not to run into Raikkonen. That was quite simply poor driving on his part. As we can all see in the pictures is that Vettel never came into contact with Verstappen.
By sagi58
We can take screenshots of various parts of the clip to support our positions, look here, a few frames later and we see this; which shows Vettel clearly squeezing Verstappen into Raikkonen.

vettel-verstappen-raikkonen-crash-singapore-2017.jpg

OR -- it "clearly" shows Verstappen refusing to accept there was NO room for him to squeeze through between the two Ferraris.
Considering how many times he has ALREADY pulled this kind of move on various drivers, thusfar in his career, I would suggest that's what he was doing AGAIN!
By sagi58
Yep!

Stand by my original post. Great pity it happened though. I guess we could argue over blame but I believe Vettel definitely contributed to his own DNF

And you have the right to your opinion!
He may have contributed; but, he was NOT at fault.
In my opinion, that is...
By myownalias
It was a racing incident and the stewards got it right, however, to squarely blame Verstappen is just silly, there was a definite pincer movement going on by the Ferrari's. Verstappen was occupying the space where Vettel wanted to be, if Verstappen had steer right to avoid contact with Raikkonen, he would have hit Vettel. Verstappen was committed, his options were limited.

It was a completely unnecessary move by Vettel, Hamilton was 2 to 3 car lengths behind, yet Vettel felt the need to dive across the track putting himself in a compromising position.

Do I believe Vettel made a conscious decision to crowd Verstappen (and by default, Raikkonen), NO! I think it was an error of judgment that has cost him, dear! RACING INCIDENT!
By sagi58
We'll have to agree to disagree, as I feel it's just as silly to put the blame squarely on Vettel's shoulders.
I'm not going to suggest that I know what Vettel's mindset was; but, at the end of the day, he had the most
to lose, thus he defend his position as he saw fit; whereas Verstappen had the least to lose and seemed
intent on spoiling the party. Unfortunately, all three of them lost out...

Conclusion: Hamilton was gifted the WDC by this """racing incident"""!!

See our F1 related articles too!